NTC Sensor showing incorrect readings

Here you can ask technical questions about UTCOMP-3 / UTCOMP-PRO compatibility and features.
Linensteam

NTC Sensor showing incorrect readings

Postby Linensteam » Fri Feb 17, 2023 4:25 am

Hello, i have got two NTC sensors from ProSport. One for oil temp and one for water temp. Each one is connected to AdcVc. I entered calibrated values using resistance table from ProSport website. Oil temperature seems to be fine and displays room temperature when ignition on but water temperature displays -273C. I have tried different resistance values but the reading always is too low or too high. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Sensor: SENPSOWTS-JPN

ArT

Re: NTC Sensor showing incorrect readings

Postby ArT » Fri Feb 17, 2023 6:44 am

Are these sensors connected only to UTCOMP or are they connected to external ECU and UTCOMP in parallel ? Please tell me how did you connected them and share me resistance table of these sensors.

Linensteam

Postby Linensteam » Mon Feb 20, 2023 4:30 am

ArT wrote:Are these sensors connected only to UTCOMP or are they connected to external ECU and UTCOMP in parallel ? Please tell me how did you connected them and share me resistance table of these sensors.

Hi, they are connected directly to UTComp, Oil Temp is connected to AdcVcc1 and Water temp is connected to AdcVcc2. Both are the same sensors so i have used the same calibration values but only oil pressure is showing accurate readings.
I have attached resistance table diagram below.
Thanks for your help!
Attachments
Screenshot 2023-02-20 at 8.59.58 AM.png
Resistance table
Screenshot 2023-02-20 at 8.59.58 AM.png (60.17 KiB) Viewed 1929 times

ArT

Postby ArT » Mon Feb 20, 2023 7:18 am

Please use calibration data for above sensor:
R25 = 10500
Beta = 3536

It should work above >40C. Below 40C readings may be inaccurate because I can not see scaling table below this range.

If sesor "A" connected to AdcVcc1 is working fine and the same type of sensor "B" connector to AdcVcc2 is not working properly please check:
1. if you have in settings NTC1 for AdcVcc1 and NTC2 for AdcVcc2 and you have the same scaling (R25 = 1050 Beta=3536) for both
2. replace inputs, sensor A to AdcVcc2 and sensor B to AdcVcc1,
-> if still sensor B (connected to AdcVcc1) is not working, please check connections from this sensor to UTCOMP input and ground for this sensor, one signal is probably missing or sensor is broken.
-> if sensor B is now working and sensor A is not working, please check AdcVcc2 input in utcomp - please connect it to ground and check AdcVcc2 voltage in application reading tab - it should display 0.00 - 0.02V. Now please disconnect AdcVcc2 input - it should display around +5,2V

please tell me about results,
Attachments
scaling1.jpg
scaling1.jpg (280.06 KiB) Viewed 1928 times

Return to “UTCOMP technical support”