Datalog illegible

Here you can ask technical questions about UTCOMP-3 / UTCOMP-PRO compatibility and features.
ArT

Re: Datalog illegible

Postby ArT » Fri Feb 24, 2017 3:37 pm

Boost and oil pressure in data logger are in BAR. You need to multiply it by 14.5038 to get PSI.
Anyway, why do you set -1,91 bar offset in boost pressure settings?

Fuel pressure is as voltage from sensor (to make it compatible for common-rail engines where users does not always scale fuel pressure sensor). Formula for bar is: bar = a*U + b, where "a" and "b" are parameters from your settings file, and "U" is voltage from logger - I checked your settings file and in your case fuel pressure in PSI will be:
fuel pressure [PSI] = (2,59*voltage - 1,29)*14.5038

Daily_Driver

Postby Daily_Driver » Sun Feb 26, 2017 4:01 am

ArT wrote:Boost and oil pressure in data logger are in BAR. You need to multiply it by 14.5038 to get PSI.
Anyway, why do you set -1,91 bar offset in boost pressure settings?

Fuel pressure is as voltage from sensor (to make it compatible for common-rail engines where users does not always scale fuel pressure sensor). Formula for bar is: bar = a*U + b, where "a" and "b" are parameters from your settings file, and "U" is voltage from logger - I checked your settings file and in your case fuel pressure in PSI will be:
fuel pressure [PSI] = (2,59*voltage - 1,29)*14.5038

Thanks, I added calculation fields to my spreadsheet to show the values in PSI.

Regarding boost pressure, I used the factory service manual settings for the manifold pressure sensor for my car. Apparently what I did for the boost pressure was use the wrong values from another sensor. I double checked them and see they are off. I have corrected them. Thanks for pointing this out.
Installing the UT Comp Pro on my car

Daily_Driver

Postby Daily_Driver » Tue Feb 28, 2017 7:11 am

Just wanted to pass along I have made a few data runs and the program is working as expected. My car's odometer is not working, but I'll have that fixed soon so I can perform MPG calculations.
Installing the UT Comp Pro on my car

ArT

Postby ArT » Wed Mar 01, 2017 1:50 pm

Thanks for info and good to hear that finally everything is working as excepted 8-)

Return to “UTCOMP technical support”