How to connect to battery, VSS, injectors

Here you can ask technical questions about UTCOMP-3 / UTCOMP-PRO compatibility and features.
comegetme

How to connect to battery, VSS, injectors

Postby comegetme » Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:29 am

I am trying a basic installation for MPG monitoring: Need to connect to battery (power), VSS, injectors. I read the manual, but I can't find any beginners instruction how to tap into the circuits (e.g. battery, injectors). Are there any video or picture instructions for beginners how to connect or splice the wires? I know every car is different, but I assume connection to battery or injector is very similar for most cars.

ArT

Re: How to connect to battery, VSS, injectors

Postby ArT » Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:16 am

Manual describes in details assembly, but you will need some basic electromechanical skills to find proper wires with voltmeter and to solder wires. If you do not have such knowledge I recommend you to go to electromechanical workshop (it will be safer) because manual does not describe so basic steps.

If you need to know where to find VSS and injector signals in your car, please tell me what car do you have exactly (car model, production year, engine capacity and power) - maybe I'll have some wiring diagrams so I could share.

comegetme

Postby comegetme » Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:29 am

The car is a 1992 Honda Civic VX (hatchback) 1.5 l. I think there are instructions on MPGuino installs on the internet for the VX, so I assume it's the exact same thing for the UTCOMP, as far as tapping with wires into battery / VSS / injector is concerned. I'm pretty handy, but more with remodeling than with cars. But most "handy" things I learned best off youtube videos or pictures. I'm also halfway intelligent (I was told), and this "electromechanical" task sounds pretty simple, so I'm not considering paying a "professional" for it.

ArT

Postby ArT » Thu Jan 25, 2018 9:40 am

Please take a look for this assembly example in civic '95: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=19
Description is in Polish but images does not require translator :-) for text please use google translator to english.

Return to “UTCOMP technical support”