Need programing help/information UTCOMP-3

Here you can ask technical questions about UTCOMP-3 / UTCOMP-PRO compatibility and features.
rydz

Need programing help/information UTCOMP-3

Postby rydz » Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:37 pm

Hello All

I have recently purchased a UTCOMP-3 to restore the odometer function in my car.

I know the unit does a lot more, but this was the main purpose of purchase.I have the USB cable and I have connected from the unit to my computer, I also see where the user defined section is and have selected "millage" as one of my display sections.

Now I have no idea how to get to that screen on the UTCOMP display screen, I selected TIME/millage/AVG consumption/remaining distance for my user defined screen.how do I select my user defined screen to show up on the display?,After selecting these functions I clicked "save to UTCOMP", is this correct? or is there something else I need to do?

Is there a combination of switches or a sequence of switches I need to push in order to get to that user defined screen?

I have no idea what I am doing!!!!!!!

Sorry about this, but I need a little more details (I am 52 years old not 25 :lol: ) how to program and it would be great if the button were a little more intuative (what button does what and how they work better described)

When I am connecting to the UTCOMP, do I have be connected via USB(to the UTCOMP) and the internet(for the computer) at the same time in order to latch the configurations I want on my screen?

Hope some of you guys can help me out,I want to understand the basic screen function prior to installing this in my car.

Thank you

Paul
Montreal Canada

ArT

Re: Need programing help/information UTCOMP-3

Postby ArT » Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:49 pm

Dear Paul,

Button SW1 switches between screens.

Generally:
1. you need to activate user screen in settings -> display -> general -> checkbox at "User (1)
2. activate mileage in DL or DR section for user screen (settings -> display -> user (1) -> DL/DR region -> set checkbox for mileage and you can uncheck all other)
Save settings to UTCOMP (CTRL + S).

That's it. You need to switch SW1 to go to user screen.
Please note that if you have selected multiple checkboxes in DL/DR region than you switches with SW2/SW3 between these data on user screen. If you select single checkbox than you do not need to switch between data displayed in DL/DR sections.

If you would like to have user screen as default screen then:
1. go to settings -> display -> general and select "default" for boot screen
2. select "user 1" as default screen
Save settings to UTCOMP (CTRL + S)

Hope it's clear :-) If you still will have problems please let me know I'll prepare you settings file to import in utcomp.

ps. you do not need internet connection. Only USB connection and windows application is required for changing settings/

rydz

Re: Need programing help/information UTCOMP-3

Postby rydz » Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:26 pm

Hello Art

I am going to try this first and let you know

Thanks

Paul

Return to “UTCOMP technical support”