EGT - Temperatur peak values

Here you can ask technical questions about UTCOMP-3 / UTCOMP-PRO compatibility and features.
gmturbo

EGT - Temperatur peak values

Postby gmturbo » Thu Aug 23, 2018 6:51 pm

Is there a way to read out the maximum EGT Temperature ?

Gibt es eine Möglichkeit die Maximale EGT Temperatur auszulesen ?

MfG
GMTurbo

ArT

Re: EGT - Temperatur

Postby ArT » Thu Aug 23, 2018 8:05 pm

There are 2 options: alerts and data-logger.
Alerts are working in real time and will display alert with highest observed value.
Data logger stores recorded data (it is built in UTCOMP PRO) - you can download data later (via usb) and find maximum value in excel. You can also record other parameters so you can see when was peak value and what were other parameters.

gmturbo

Re: EGT - Temperatur

Postby gmturbo » Thu Aug 23, 2018 10:55 pm

The system I have installed in a customer car, so both options for reading are not possible for me. Maybe you can integrate that into the software, so that the maximum temperatures (water, oil, EGT) are readable. Reading via PC software would be enough.

Das System habe ich in einem Kundenauto verbaut, daher sind beide Optionen zum Auslesen für mich nicht möglich. Eventuell kann man das ja in die Software integrieren, so das die maximalen Temperaturen (Wasser, Öl, EGT) auslesbar sind. Auslesen über PC-Software würde ja reichen.

MfG
GMTurbo

ArT

Re: EGT - Temperatur peak values

Postby ArT » Fri Aug 24, 2018 10:25 am

Hmmm... there is also 3rd option: connect android device via USB with UTCOMP android app (https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... ics.utcomp) and there you have possibility to check peak values (max/min) from single session (since app started) - you will need to tap on gauge and it will display peak values for a 5 secs.

LesterHuf

Postby LesterHuf » Wed Nov 07, 2018 1:18 pm

gmturbo wrote:The system I have installed in a customer car, so both options for reading are not possible for me. Maybe you can read this honest D-Bal review and integrate that into the software, so that the maximum temperatures (water, oil, EGT) are readable. Reading via PC software would be enough.

Das System habe ich in einem Kundenauto verbaut, daher sind beide Optionen zum Auslesen für mich nicht möglich. Eventuell kann man das ja in die Software integrieren, so das die maximalen Temperaturen (Wasser, Öl, EGT) auslesbar sind. Auslesen über PC-Software würde ja reichen.

MfG
GMTurbo

Is it possible that the alerts aren't working properly? Because I have a nagging feeling that this is the case in my case. How do I verify that everything is working correctly?
Last edited by LesterHuf on Fri Oct 07, 2022 4:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.

ArT

Postby ArT » Wed Nov 07, 2018 2:30 pm

LesterHuf wrote:Is it possible that the alerts aren't working properly? Because I have a nagging feeling that this is the case in my case. How do I verify that everything is working correctly?

I think it is not possible because alerts are used by many users and no one reported issues. The easiest way to check them is to set voltage (e.g. 0-5V set from power supply) on AdcX input so you can simulate sensor output. Single alert may be disactivated in many cases, e.g. by hysteressis setting, conditional setting or by user. You can also check logs from data-logger. If you have issues please make separate thread and describe your issue - I'll check and I'll help you.

Return to “UTCOMP technical support”