Need help selecting my components for UTCOMP (Pro)

Here you can ask technical questions about UTCOMP-3 / UTCOMP-PRO compatibility and features.
Timoes

Re: Need help selecting my components for UTCOMP (Pro)

Postby Timoes » Mon Jan 07, 2019 1:06 pm

Thank you very much for your answer. I hope you had a few quiet and stress-free days.

I intend to measure my water temperature as described in this thread: Question regarding temp./pressure sensors.
I would like to use input B9 Adc5 for this purpose. Even if the sensor only outputs max 5V. Is that possible the way I imagined it?

Would it also be possible to connect another pressure sensor (fuel this time) to input B8 AdcVcc2 and supply the sensor with power via B10 and B12? Can the pull-up be deactivated or can I ignore it?

Unfortunately I couldn't find any further use for the digital inputs, except temperature sensors. Are digital pressure sensors at all possible/available/... ? Are analog to digital converters a solution, if the input B8 isn't possible to use?

My current connection diagram:
Connections2.png
Connections2.png (104.72 KiB) Viewed 5198 times
Red = sensors | Green = occupied/used cable

With best regards Timo

ArT

Postby ArT » Tue Jan 08, 2019 10:10 am

Timoes wrote:Thank you very much for your answer. I hope you had a few quiet and stress-free days.

I intend to measure my water temperature as described in this thread: Question regarding temp./pressure sensors.
I would like to use input B9 Adc5 for this purpose. Even if the sensor only outputs max 5V. Is that possible the way I imagined it?

Yes it's fine if sensor output range will be at least 10% of input range (10% * 0-30V = 0-3V sensor output).

Timoes wrote:Would it also be possible to connect another pressure sensor (fuel this time) to input B8 AdcVcc2 and supply the sensor with power via B10 and B12? Can the pull-up be deactivated or can I ignore it?

You will need to remove pullup resitor inside the UTCOMP (so you will convert AdcVccX input to AdcX input). We can make it before shipping or I can send you a picture with marked resistor.

Timoes wrote:Unfortunately I couldn't find any further use for the digital inputs, except temperature sensors. Are digital pressure sensors at all possible/available/... ? Are analog to digital converters a solution, if the input B8 isn't possible to use?

These "DS18B20_xx" inputs are ONLY for temperature sensors (DS18B20) and nothing else.

Timoes wrote:My current connection diagram:
Connections2.png
Red = sensors | Green = occupied/used cable

It looks fine. AdcVcc2 can be converted to AdcX (pullup removing) so you can connect fuel pressure sensors to it (the same way as oil pressure)

Timoes

Postby Timoes » Tue Jan 15, 2019 1:52 pm

ArT wrote:Yes it's fine if sensor output range will be at least 10% of input range (10% * 0-30V = 0-3V sensor output).
The range will be 0-5V. Will give it a try. Alternatively I can also use a digital sensor.

ArT wrote:You will need to remove pullup resitor inside the UTCOMP (so you will convert AdcVccX input to AdcX input). We can make it before shipping or I can send you a picture with marked resistor.

ArT wrote:AdcVcc2 can be converted to AdcX (pullup removing) so you can connect fuel pressure sensors to it (the same way as oil pressure)

Thank you very much for the detailed answer.
Can you remove the pull-up for me, please? I also added a note to the order.
Order ID: 1YN501615 (ordered yesterday)

ArT wrote:These "DS18B20_xx" inputs are ONLY for temperature sensors (DS18B20) and nothing else.

I could've figured that out myself. :idea: Stupid me.

ArT

Postby ArT » Tue Jan 15, 2019 1:58 pm

Sure, we will modify it before shipping.

DArtagnon

Postby DArtagnon » Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:09 am

ArT wrote:Hi Timoes,

Timoes wrote:Since I would like to use an external warning LED as soon as one of the critical values exceeds or falls below a defined maximum value, do I have to use the UTCOMP PRO module? Or could I replace the buzzer with an external relay?

I would like to be warned when one or more values are wrong:
EGT to high, oil temperature to high, oil pressure to low or to lean AFR.

You can set alerts for all these values. When alerts trigger, then you will see triggered value on display (you can set warning time from 3s to 180s) and buzzer will give "beep beep beep". You can connect LED in parallel with buzzer, so it will flash 3 times (3x 0.5 - 1.0s). But.. it will also blink with any other buzzer beeps (you can disable beeps for keyboard in settings). You should use small resistor in series to limit current for LED (240 / 560 / 1k ohm will be fine -> smaller resitor = higher current for LED = higher brightness).

DigOutUser can be configured to trigger only for temperatures (engine, oil, outside, inside, user1, user2), speed or boost. It can not be set to trigger on EGT, AFR etc. DigOutUser is for low frequency signals - it should be used only for automatic control system. Output switch may have delay 0.2s - 1s after value triggered.

Will the screen switch to one that has the value displayed if it isn't on one? Let's say the transmission temp goes high but the screen isn't showing that value, will it switch? What if that value doesn't happen to be configured on a screen.

Also, does this apply to the android app? I'm planning to use a small tablet as a primary display.

Matthew

ArT

Postby ArT » Thu Jan 24, 2019 11:07 am

For OLED screen when allert trigger it will display triggered value (even if value is not displayed currently on screen so you can't miss it).

For android alerts are marked only with changing colours so it will work only for values displayed on dash.

Scobo

Postby Scobo » Wed May 19, 2021 3:36 pm

Q: Is there way to change buzzer alert output smth else than 3x 0.5-1.0 sec.? Would like to use it as 2nd DigOutUser output, but is it always this three flashes?

Thnx in advance!

DArtagnon wrote:
ArT wrote:Hi Timoes,

Timoes wrote:Since I would like to use an external warning LED as soon as one of the critical values exceeds or falls below a defined maximum value, do I have to use the UTCOMP PRO module? Or could I replace the buzzer with an external relay?

I would like to be warned when one or more values are wrong:
EGT to high, oil temperature to high, oil pressure to low or to lean AFR.

You can set alerts for all these values. When alerts trigger, then you will see triggered value on display (you can set warning time from 3s to 180s) and buzzer will give "beep beep beep". You can connect LED in parallel with buzzer, so it will flash 3 times (3x 0.5 - 1.0s). But.. it will also blink with any other buzzer beeps (you can disable beeps for keyboard in settings). You should use small resistor in series to limit current for LED (240 / 560 / 1k ohm will be fine -> smaller resitor = higher current for LED = higher brightness).

DigOutUser can be configured to trigger only for temperatures (engine, oil, outside, inside, user1, user2), speed or boost. It can not be set to trigger on EGT, AFR etc. DigOutUser is for low frequency signals - it should be used only for automatic control system. Output switch may have delay 0.2s - 1s after value triggered.

Will the screen switch to one that has the value displayed if it isn't on one? Let's say the transmission temp goes high but the screen isn't showing that value, will it switch? What if that value doesn't happen to be configured on a screen.

Also, does this apply to the android app? I'm planning to use a small tablet as a primary display.

Matthew

ArT

Postby ArT » Thu May 20, 2021 1:49 pm

Unfortunately it can not be reconfigured. This is different type of output than DigOutUser. I guess you have already used DigOutUser1?

Scobo

Postby Scobo » Thu May 20, 2021 2:58 pm

Ok. Yes output B7 in use already.

Return to “UTCOMP technical support”