Map Temperature Question

Here you can ask technical questions about UTCOMP-3 / UTCOMP-PRO compatibility and features.
sayonarb

Map Temperature Question

Postby sayonarb » Mon May 18, 2020 11:05 pm

Dear ArT

We are finalizing the UTCOM.PRO installation in the vehicle and would like to know how to use the vehicle's original MAP sensor temperature reading.

The sensor reference is 0281002437, it has 4 wires, therefore it contains an internal temperature probe; I guess NTC.

UTCOM pro outputs with the following:

- ADC for sensors that measure low voltage ALWAYS powered by the vehicle
- ADC VCC for sensors that perform measurement under Resistance NEVER powered by the vehicle

As it is an NTC sensor, it should be connected to the ADC VCC input, however the sensor is powered by the vehicle. Can you tell us how to proceed?

On the other hand:

I have read in your forum that it is possible to modify the ACD VCC entries turning them into ADC, does this operation invalidate the guarantee?
Thanks for your time.

ArT

Re: Map Temperature Question

Postby ArT » Tue May 19, 2020 8:30 am

Hi sayonarb, both signals (from MAP and NTC) should be connected to AdcX inputs because both are voltage signals (NTC is already powered from ECU). If MAP is 0-3 bar so it will be probably 0,40V = 0,2bar and 4,65V = 3,0 bar - it's very common calibration for BOSCH MAP sensors. Eventually 0,5V = 0 bar and 4,5V = 3 bar.You can modify AdcVccX but need to open UTCOMP and remove 2 resistors so as you suspect guarantee will be void.

sayonarb

Postby sayonarb » Tue May 19, 2020 8:57 am

Dear Art,

Thaks for your fastest reply.

I suposse that fuel level range must be to ADC input too? I have problems because I used all the ADC inputs and ADCVCC, remember to make more ADC inputs on your future UTcom PRO hahaha

Thanks

ArT

Postby ArT » Tue May 19, 2020 12:59 pm

Will consider it;) But you do not have to connect fuel level sensor - it can be calculated from fuel consupmtion.

Return to “UTCOMP technical support”