Can I use 1 sensor for UTCOMP + ECU ?

Here you can ask technical questions about UTCOMP-3 / UTCOMP-PRO compatibility and features.
Khomas

Can I use 1 sensor for UTCOMP + ECU ?

Postby Khomas » Sun Feb 07, 2021 10:23 am

Hello,

I wanted to know if I can use 1 sensor (AFR, Pressure, Temperature NTC and Digital) for the UTComp and also for the ECU ?
I'm actually using an Apexi PowerFC on my car, and it can not read all the sensors that I need

So my plan is to buy an UTComp Pro to get all the informations that I want, until here there is no problem

But in the Future, I would like to use something better than the powerFC, for exemple Haltech 2000, or Link ECU G4+, and so my questions are :
1)Can I use all the sensors from the UTComp with my ECU (I think Yes)

2)Can I use the sensors (AFR, Pressure, Temperature NTC and Digital) for ECU and for UT Comp in the same time (to keep the UTComp Screen to display values)

3)If it's possible, can you explain me the wiring for each sensor ?

-Voltage Sensor using Adc 0-5V, I just have to split the return signal cable ?
-NTC Sensor using AdcVcc, for these one, I've read I have to split only the voltage cable and calibrate the UTComp in voltage<->readings, right ?
- For the DS18B20, i don't know it it's possible to use them on ECU + UTComp
- For AFR, also don't know, I plan to use an AEM UEGO Gauge with Bosch 4.9 sensor, so i will use the output 0-5V from the gauge to get the informations on UTComp, but can I split the output for ECU also ?
- For EGT, it work as the 0-5V sensor ?

Thanks for your help !
Thomas

ArT

Re: Can I use 1 sensor for UTCOMP + ECU ?

Postby ArT » Mon Feb 08, 2021 10:55 am

Hi Thomas,

Yes you can use UTCOMP and ECU on these signals at the same time. This is exactly how it works. Generally all voltage signals can be connected to ECU and to one of the AdcX inputs in UTCOMP at the same time.

For AFR you should connect 0-5V output signal from AFR controller to UTCOMP AdcX input. The same signal should be connected to ECU.

For Pressures, you should connect voltage signal to AdcX.

For NTC temperatures when they are already connected to ECU, then you should also connect this signal to AdcX (this is standard buffered analog input 0-5V). If they are not connected to ECU, you should connect them to AdcVccX (analog input with pull-up to +5V).

For EGT - you will need thermocouple and amplifier. Amplifier will give 0-5V output which can be connected to multiple places, e.g. ECU + UTCOMP AdcX. More details: viewtopic.php?f=28&t=71

For digital signals it depends on signal, but it should be no problem, e.g. RPM signal may be connected to ECU, Instrument Cluster and to UTCOMP at the same time.

Each sensor input will require scaling, more details & excel: viewtopic.php?f=28&t=58

Please check also this tutorial for sensors: viewtopic.php?f=28&t=127

Khomas

Re: Can I use 1 sensor for UTCOMP + ECU ?

Postby Khomas » Mon Feb 08, 2021 4:04 pm

Ok thanks for the quick answer, as always !
I have already receive the EGT and amplifier (in less than 24h, awesome !)
I will order all the others things I need as soon as possible !

Return to “UTCOMP technical support”