Additional AdcVcc... Input

Here you can ask technical questions about UTCOMP-3 / UTCOMP-PRO compatibility and features.
tiger

Additional AdcVcc... Input

Postby tiger » Tue Jul 06, 2021 8:52 pm

Hi,
I bought a UTCOMP-PRO last month and I´m about to build this small computer into my oldtimer. Very nice computer and software ;)

Unfortunately all three input sensors from the car are resistance sensors (Temp Water, Temp Oil, Oil Pressure).
I connected the Water Temp to AdcVcc1 and Oil Temp to AdcVcc2. Is there any possibility to generate or use a third input for the Oil Pressure resistance sensors?

Best Regards

ArT

Re: Additional AdcVcc... Input

Postby ArT » Wed Jul 07, 2021 9:17 am

Hi, if all these sensors are already connected to dash then you have already voltage not resistance (because dash/gauges power up sensors) and you should connect them to AdcX inputs. If sensor is not connected to dash (and will be connected ONLY to utcomp) you should connect it to AdcVccX.

If you need more AdcVccX inputs you can modify AdcX to AdcVccX - just connected everything as usual and additional resistor 1000ohm (1%) between your signal and +5,0V power supply (you can use DS18B20_VCC output - it will be not exactly +5,0V but it should work in acceptable accuracy). Hope it's clear, but if not I can draw you schema ;)

Return to “UTCOMP technical support”