Data logging

Here you can ask technical questions about UTCOMP-3 / UTCOMP-PRO compatibility and features.
Wolfgangh

Data logging

Postby Wolfgangh » Sat Aug 28, 2021 9:04 pm

Hi, I want to use UTCOMP-Pro for data logging on request only, so do I set the Logger menu to „Disabled ( for manual control)“? Which button is used then to manually start logging?

And what happens once the memory is full, do I have to manually erase it or is it starting to overwrite automatically?

When I download the logged data into my PC or Android device, can I delete it in the memory at the same time?

ArT

Re: Data logging

Postby ArT » Sun Aug 29, 2021 11:27 am

Yes since v3.8 you can log manually, in v3.8 was added option
"added manual data-logger (logging can be enabled or disabled from menu) with current memory state - long press SW1 to activate this menu (manual data-logger should be enabled first in settings -> advanced -> datalogger)"

If memory is full, oldest data will be overwritten.

You can not erase data manually, it can be only overwritten with new data. It's working like "vehicle black box" in this case.

Wolfgangh

Postby Wolfgangh » Sun Aug 29, 2021 10:11 pm

More questions about data logging.

I am using UTCOMP Pro with latest Windows Software and UTCOMP app with Android 10 phone.

- I downloaded data via Windows software and saved the .csv file
- transferred the .csv file to my Smartphone ( per Email)
- in the Android app, when I open this .csv file the screen remains dark
- I can load data from the logger via Android app and it displays all graphs correctly
- when I save the data as .csv from the Android app, I cant find the file then when trying to load the .csv from the Android app. Where is it saved to on the phone?
- when I download data and display it on the phone, and then close the app and reopen it, the data is not present any more. Does it not autosave once downloaded?

Wolfgangh

Postby Wolfgangh » Thu Sep 09, 2021 11:13 pm

Hello @ArT can you maybe advise on my problem?

ArT

Postby ArT » Fri Sep 10, 2021 10:35 am

Please share your log file from PC.
If I good understand, when you download these logs directly on android app everything is working?

- when I save the data as .csv from the Android app, I cant find the file then when trying to load the .csv from the Android app. Where is it saved to on the phone?

File save location depends on phone and android version - by default it's in user files. Application should have permissions for saving. UTCOMP should be connected to device. Path is displayed as a short popup message after file is saved.

when I download data and display it on the phone, and then close the app and reopen it, the data is not present any more. Does it not autosave once downloaded?

Nope, you need to open log file or download data from utcomp.

Return to “UTCOMP technical support”