Fan cooler sign always On

Here you can ask technical questions about UTCOMP-3 / UTCOMP-PRO compatibility and features.
toho

Fan cooler sign always On

Postby toho » Mon Dec 27, 2021 1:17 am

Hi,

i have connected +12V from my fan cooler to A21 DigInHC. Even when its not connected, the engine temperature icon always shows the fan-icon instead of the temperatur-icon.

As you can see on the photo, engine temp is 61°C, fan cooler is not running (i saw the blades standing still) but the fan-icon is there.

What have i done wrong?

Thanks and merry christmas!

toho
Attachments
IMG_E2358.JPG
IMG_E2358.JPG (2.83 MiB) Viewed 1294 times

ArT

Re: Fan cooler sign always On

Postby ArT » Mon Dec 27, 2021 12:37 pm

I guess that you have connected on input only +12V signal when cooler is ON and input floating (disconnected) when cooler is OFF so it does not detect OFF state. It should be connected +12V when cooler is ON and GND when cooler is OFF. You can check what UTCOMP reads on input when you run UTCOMP windows app and select "Reading" tab. I guess it does not detect OFF state. When you connect manually ground to this input (when cooler is disconnected) just for tests, it should detect OFF state and icon should change. If this is the case and I'm right you should try to find other source of cooler signal - e.g. logic signal from relay control should be ON/OFF = +12V/GND. Best wishes for you too! :)

Return to “UTCOMP technical support”