Boost not going positive

Here you can ask technical questions about UTCOMP-3 / UTCOMP-PRO compatibility and features.
toho

Boost not going positive

Postby toho » Sun Mar 13, 2022 9:26 pm

Hello,

i am not sure whether i did a wrong configuration or this is a bug:
In big fields of the display (see photo 1), the boost pressure shows a "VAC" when in vacuum, means negative boost pressure. After building boost over 0 bar the "VAC" disappears and i can read the correct ("positive") boost pressure.

PHOTO 1:

But in small fields (see photo 2), only the vacuum/negative pressure is shown. When motor builds boost (for example 0,8bar boost pressure), the display shows "-0.0bar".

PHOTO 2:

Is the boost pressure not shown correctly in the smaller fields?
Would be nice if the boost pressure could be shown also in positive numbers (for example "+0,8 BAR").
Have i done something wrong?

Edit:
Here the explanation what i mean by "fields":
Field B: Boost pressure shows correct, if negative then VAC + Number, if positive only Number
Field 6: Boost pressure is only shown from negative to 0,0 BAR

Thanks

ArT

Re: Boost not going positive

Postby ArT » Mon Mar 14, 2022 10:14 am

I just checked it and I can not replicate this issue. When I set boost pressure in field 6 everything is working fine (positive and negative). Could you send me your settings file, please? Do you have latest version of firmware?

toho

Postby toho » Mon Mar 14, 2022 11:23 am

here my settings, yes i'm using v3.8.0
Attachments
UTCOMP_v3-8_settings_2022-3-13_nachPruefstand-finalv1.zip
(5.12 KiB) Downloaded 79 times

ArT

Postby ArT » Tue Mar 15, 2022 11:01 am

Hmm I checked your settings file and everything seems to working fine, please check video (voltage signal for map sensor simulated from ext power supply):
https://www.dropbox.com/s/bcy7dlx9ylveb ... 7.mp4?dl=0

Please try to reupdate to latest version (small bug fixes still not available in official release) using link below - any differece?
https://www.dropbox.com/t/g9Vxuq15K1gWRdEf

toho

Postby toho » Sun Mar 27, 2022 10:30 pm

I tested the new firmware + software today (couldnt drive the last days because of suspension leaking).

The boost is now indicated correctly! The small fields show negativ and positiv numbers, thanks!

But now i have a differnent problem:
After using the new firmware+software, i have false numbers in datalogging. For example, boost is shown as 8,9 Bar but it is actually 0,89 Bar. Also with rpm, Datalogger says the motor rev'ed to 17k rpm, but 11 is limit (i have it on a motorbike). It worked before, maybe a small bug in the software.

ArT

Postby ArT » Thu Mar 31, 2022 10:29 am

Please wait until datalogger memory will fill to full with data from new firmware, because now you have mixed data from old and from new firmware. In new firmware boost resolution is increased x10 so when you have mixed both types then it is probably source of issues.

Return to “UTCOMP technical support”