Creating my own custom chips for stuff like fuel gauge calibration

Here you can ask technical questions about UTCOMP-3 / UTCOMP-PRO compatibility and features.
Kaldek

Creating my own custom chips for stuff like fuel gauge calibration

Postby Kaldek » Mon May 16, 2022 8:29 am

Hi Artur, I've made my own Arduino-based circuits for stuff lately, one of them is a calibrator for my fuel gauge which in my car is very inaccurate. It sends a spoofed fuel sender signal to the gauge by PWM switching the fuel gauge circuit, based on my own ADC readings of the fuel senders (by using a voltage divider).

It works but I looked at my spare UTCOMP for inspiration, and I notice you use 10k resistors and an Op-Amp as a voltage follower before sending to the ADC pins of the AT90USB1286 microcontroller.

Given the AT90USB and the other microcontrollers by Atmel all have 100 megaohm input resistance, should I still use a resistor and op-amp like you do for my ADC inputs?

ArT

Re: Creating my own custom chips for stuff like fuel gauge calibration

Postby ArT » Mon May 16, 2022 8:50 am

OAMP has 2 main functions, first of all it works like a buffer (voltage higher than 5V will not damage ADC input) and it also amplify signal (current consumption from source is near zero) so it will work with low impedance signals

Return to “UTCOMP technical support”