93 F350 IDI diesel lab rat

Have you already installed UTCOMP? Share it with others!
1mouse3

93 F350 IDI diesel lab rat

Postby 1mouse3 » Sat Apr 20, 2024 3:45 am

I 93 F350 that has a 7.3 idi diesel that I overhaled and made a custom twin turbo, so is easy to service on long runs. I rounded up a bunch of oem sensors, to serve as means to monitor vitals. I chose them, because I want to be able to stop at auto parts store to get replacement.

I am in the means of setting up a utcomp pro to serve as mean to monitor the vital of this engine, and the data logging fuction would aid in making adjustments to this engine. I have the cluster loosely mounted right now and need to come up with a better cover panel, the oem one cracked when I tried to drill new holes.

To get it to work, I trimed the speedometer a little so could be slid down some.

Then trimed the optional cover to fit in place, I will find some place else for the buttons.

Other engine and transmission options had a computer here, so put a plate in place and ran buckhead wiring through it

Here it is with some the planed wiring.

I had the wiring on the engine more tidey than this, but had to rummege around in to fix scramble wires when was checked on the truck.

I did dubble check it but that did not help much, with one color wire.

I stashed the box behind the cluster and will get velcro for it, to stick somewhere there.

ArT

Re: 93 F350 IDI diesel lab rat

Postby ArT » Mon Apr 22, 2024 11:07 am

Very nice, thank you for sharing it! :)

Return to “Examples of assembly”