Seat Ibiza MK3 SDI UTCOMP instalation

Have you already installed UTCOMP? Share it with others!
Martins SDI

Seat Ibiza MK3 SDI UTCOMP instalation

Postby Martins SDI » Sun May 03, 2015 11:52 am

I leave here my contribution with the installation of UTCOMP in my car. I've done my UTCOMP installation at long time ago, so I apologize for not having many photos, or missing some steps that I can no longer remember.

Car: Seat Ibiza Mk3 SDI with AQM engine 68 HP (VW VP engine without turbo):

You will need:

- UTCOMP kit with box
- Soldering iron
- Tin solder
- Wires (to the wiring loom)
- Center console rear windows
- Fill mass for plastics
- Black spray paint
- Tools

I will not describe how to make the main wiring loom in UTCOMP. It is well described in the User Manual by Telwis. I will only describe how I made to connect all wires.

First, I'll start by describing how I did the installation of LCD screen. In my car there is little free space in the dashboard area, so I used a console from a 4 door car, where the buttons of the rear electric windows are installed (my car only has 2 doors):

I also used the original UTCOMP box:

I made some cuts in car console and with a soldering iron, I soldered the UTCOMP box the on this console:

I filled the plastic defects with pasta, I sanded and I painted with black spray:

This was the final aspect the console after paint:

Once dry, I installed the LCD screen in the console, connected the LCD cable and I mounted the console in the dashboard:

Velocity and injection signals connection:

In Ibiza mk3, the speed and injection signal can be easily plugged into the ECU. The ECU is located underneath the windshield on the driver's side (driving on the left). The ECU has two connectors that are insulated with adhesive tape. We have to remove the adhesive tape on the larger connector. The speed signal is on pin A (yellow / white wire) and the injection signal on pin B (wire ..) In my car I soldered 2 new wires to the signal and injection ECU wires and I passed them into the car. I passed the wires into the car with the car's original wiring.

(Pin connectors and wire connectors incomplete I will complete later)

Temperature sensors instalation:

I'm using the temperature sensors for controlling the temperature of soufagem (like climatronic). I installed the outdoor temperature sensor in the air conduct and inner temperature sensor inside the car:

(Do not worry with the photo. If you want to do this installation, you no need to remove the dashboard. I had to take the dashboard to other installation and I installed this sensor too.)

12V, and ground connection

12V and ground signal can be easily found on the interconnection station that is located behind glove box. To access this, You simply unscrew the glove box bolts and remove them. You can see the connectors here:

You can also remove the undertray plastic to work more confortable. You only need remove 2 bolts.

You will need connect:

- 12V continuous to the red/blue wire
- 12V with key in blue/black wire
- Ground in the brown wire
(always check with a multimeter before making any connections. The wire color may vary from car to car)

UTCOMP calibration

(Loading... I will describe latter)

UTCOMP improvements (made by me :D )

The dashboard illumination color in my car is red. Since there is no LCD with this color, I decided to change the my screen color. To do this, I replaced the yellow leds in the LCD screen by 2 SMD red leds.

You can see my improvement:

I hope this information can be useful. I apologize for my bad English. I am Portuguese.

I inform that this installation was performed in my car.

damian1538

Re: Seat Ibiza MK3 SDI UTCOMP instalation

Postby damian1538 » Thu Oct 01, 2015 12:17 pm

Hi. Please help. Need pin and wire ecu connectors.

Return to “Examples of assembly”