UTCOMP suggestions for incoming updates

Update notes, news and general discussion about UTCOMP.
Kaldek

Re: UTCOMP suggestions for incoming updates

Postby Kaldek » Sun Oct 23, 2016 11:27 pm

On the topic of alerts, I realised that an AFR alert is only useful for a boosted car if the car is in boost. AFR regularly goes to full lean on deceleration, so a lean AFR alert with no other parameters is not useful.

It would be very helpful to have an alert which was tuneable to say:

IF Boost <Greater than> X AND AFR <Leaner than> Y THEN Alert

Having the X and Y values configurable means that I can set the alert for a value which is valid for the vehicle. Some cars are much more knock limited than others and need even richer mixtures. My car in particular is tuned to about 11.2:1 on boost but it also depends on the actual boost level. Some cars are fine at 12:1 on full boost.

Assiduous

Postby Assiduous » Fri Nov 25, 2016 8:05 am

Hello,

I would like to suggest the option to display throttle position sensor as a percentage on LCD.

Kaldek

Postby Kaldek » Sat Dec 17, 2016 11:17 pm

Assiduous wrote:Hello,

I would like to suggest the option to display throttle position sensor as a percentage on LCD.

That's a weird one. Why would you want the UTCOMP to know/display throttle position? If you're doing it for diagnosis of a possibly faulty TPS, you'd be better off using the ECU diagnostics (OBD2) port.

Assiduous

Postby Assiduous » Mon Dec 19, 2016 1:28 am

Hi Kaldek,

The TPS works fine - I've wired it into UTCOMP and can see it in oscilloscope mode, but i'd like the flexibility to display TPS in a custom screen. As for why i want it, take a look at these articles...
<http://www.autospeed.com/cms/article.html?&A=113297>
<http://www.autospeed.com/cms/article.html?&title=FuelSmart-Part-2&A=113298>

Bottom line - I'm after the TPS display to try to enhance my throttle control for more economical driving.

Dosrolux

Postby Dosrolux » Thu May 04, 2017 9:17 am

Hi people,

As UTCOMP is a universal product.
I would suggest for the next update if we have the ability to put a brand Logo like GTI, OPC, TDI ........ or eventualy maybe the ability to personalise it or if you can set it in advance so we can choose what to display.
At corners of the screen we would find for exampe "by Reveltronics" or something similar.

Kaldek

Postby Kaldek » Wed May 24, 2017 4:13 am

Dosrolux wrote:Hi people,

As UTCOMP is a universal product.
I would suggest for the next update if we have the ability to put a brand Logo like GTI, OPC, TDI ........ or eventualy maybe the ability to personalise it or if you can set it in advance so we can choose what to display.
At corners of the screen we would find for exampe "by Reveltronics" or something similar.

That's already possible. You just load up your own logo. You can even change the icons displayed on each screen. Icons are described in the forums, logos are described in the manual.

geofrancis

Postby geofrancis » Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:29 am

could you include a way of modifying the injector output, like this https://www.monocilindro.com/2016/02/08/custom-ecu-for-fuel-injection-regulation-schematics-and-layout/

basically it sits between the ecu injector output and the injector and extends the time the injector is active.

ArT

Postby ArT » Thu Sep 07, 2017 12:16 pm

Just connect to this modified injector control signal instead of ecu signal and it will be fine.

dom4130

Postby dom4130 » Wed Sep 27, 2017 2:21 pm

For example would be cool to have digital temp sensors named:

I have Inside temp, outside temp, engine bay temp, and last sensor for air temperature before intercooler

And add please fuel pressure to menu.

Thx

Assiduous

Postby Assiduous » Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:22 pm

I would like to be able to log my throttle position sensor with the datalogger. Can you update to allow us to select any input channel for data logging please.

Return to “UTCOMP News, Updates and Other”