UTCOMP suggestions for incoming updates

Update notes, news and general discussion about UTCOMP.
Kaldek

Postby Kaldek » Sun May 29, 2016 5:25 am

I have just fitted my UTCOMP-Pro to my car and am using the 5v output from an existing AEM boost gauge. My boost gauge displays vacuum in inches of mercury and boost in psi.

I would like to be able to have the UTCOMP display vacuum in inches of mercury and switch to psi for boost, as this is how most gauges I have used display pressure.

Kaldek

Request to display ethanol content (from ethanol sensor)

Postby Kaldek » Mon May 30, 2016 6:00 am

I would like the ability to use one of the digital inputs (e.g. B7 on the UTCOMP-Pro) to feed a PWM signal from an ethanol content meter.

The relevant display should be labelled as "Ethanol" and display the content in a percentage from 0-100.

I understand this is also a new feature request for a later firmware and application.

ArT

Postby ArT » Tue May 31, 2016 7:57 pm

Please feel free to share in this subject your ideas for new features in incoming UTCOMP's updates. Please focus on software changes (possible to do as software update - without changing hardware).

Kaldek

Re: UTCOMP suggestions for incoming updates

Postby Kaldek » Mon Jun 06, 2016 5:03 am

I would like to be able to set a percentage variance between the speed calculated and shown on the UTCOMP and the odometer distance calculation.

Many vehicles (including mine) have accurate odometers but the speedometer on the dashboard reads high (often by up to 7%). If I correct the UTCOMP to display a speed which matches the speedometer, then the UTCOMP odometer and car odometer show different values.

Currently in my case, if I compare the UTCOMP odometer and the car odometer, and correct the values, then the speed shown by the UTCOMP is lower than what the dashboard speedometer is showing by about 2-3km/h when travelling at 80km/h.

Kaldek

Postby Kaldek » Mon Jun 27, 2016 2:42 am

Hi again Artur - I seem to have lots of suggestions and requests!

I would like to use one of the spare ADC ports on my UTCOMP-Pro to measure fuel rail pressure. My preference would be to use a three wire sensor pressure sensor, like the unit you sell.

What is missing in the software is an option for setting a pressure input for "Fuel". Currently the only pressure variables available are boost and oil.

UPDATE: This is provided in UTCOMP v3.4+
Last edited by Kaldek on Fri Oct 14, 2016 6:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

ArT

Postby ArT » Mon Jun 27, 2016 10:14 am

If you do not use 3 pressures at the same time, than you can use e.g. boost pressure as fuel pressure. This is only naming, but it will work as fuel pressure too. We will consider to add 3rd pressure in next update.

Dadko

Postby Dadko » Wed Aug 24, 2016 2:24 pm

Hello,

what about function of changing selected screens in example 10 seconds interval? I'm using UTCOMP and i think it would be good function.

David

Kaldek

Postby Kaldek » Wed Sep 07, 2016 12:40 pm

ArT wrote:If you do not use 3 pressures at the same time, than you can use e.g. boost pressure as fuel pressure. This is only naming, but it will work as fuel pressure too. We will consider to add 3rd pressure in next update.

Thanks Artur. Very keen to get fuel pressure monitored now too as those three-wire pressure sensors like the ones you sell are fantastic.

UPDATE: This is provided in UTCOMP v3.4+
Last edited by Kaldek on Fri Oct 14, 2016 6:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

amirtiti

Postby amirtiti » Tue Sep 20, 2016 10:11 pm

can you make the oscilloscope screen continuous?
so it will flow instead of cut and start over

i think it will be more intuitive that way

Kaldek

Postby Kaldek » Fri Oct 14, 2016 5:51 am

I would like to see various alerts based on vehicle status. For example:

- Oil pressure alert only if engine rpm above set value (rpm value needs to be configurable, as diesels idle lower than petrol)
- Same as above for fuel pressure

Return to “UTCOMP News, Updates and Other”