UTCOMP suggestions for incoming updates

Update notes, news and general discussion about UTCOMP.
Pistou

Re: UTCOMP suggestions for incoming updates

Postby Pistou » Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:42 am

I tried to fill before you make an answer... i'm late ! I added items in my post... because I do love UTCOMP, this is great stuff !

EDIT:
1. Can we get a splash duration parameter please ? (I like my Audi gecko but it's going too fast)
2. Do you think that a GIF is possible ?

Pistou

Postby Pistou » Fri Dec 18, 2020 9:54 pm

I'm checking data logger, is it possible to target specific parameters to increase total log time?

axel

Postby axel » Tue Dec 22, 2020 10:20 pm

I would like to have even more boost pressures

Before and after IC and exhaust pressure. And maybe the ability to name sensors myself.
Thank you

AdyH

Postby AdyH » Wed Jan 20, 2021 12:04 pm

I would like to be able to enter my useable fuel tank capacity with more accuracy than single whole units. I presume the calculations for "Fuel/Miles remaining" are based on values from useable Fuel tank Capacity, the voltage from the Fuel Level sender, and the average fuel consumption calculation. My useable tank capacity (I have measured it) is 11.6 gallons, but I can only enter 11 or 12 gallons. This has a serious effect on the "Miles remaining" or "Fuel remaining" estimate as the computer is basing it's calculations on an incorrect fuel tank capacity.The Fuel consumption calculation can be very accurate but the final calculation for Fuel/miles remaining will be useless without accurate data from the Tank capacity and Fuel level sender. The computer can easily conclude that there is a lot more fuel in the tank than there actually is !.
I do not want to enter "Fuel quantity" every time I put fuel in the tank, so I would like the computer to be given accurate information as to the fuel capacity and fuel level.
The fuel level sender characteristics can only be inputted into the computer as a LINEAR (for example 0-5v, 5-0v) empty and full value.
I have an unusual shaped Fuel tank, and a none standard Fuel Sender unit. I can set the min and max values easily enough but the tank capacity between is not linear, and this gives wildly inaccurate voltages/gallons at the computer. I would like to be able to be able to add a known fuel amount to the tank (a gallon at a time) from empty, and plot the voltage values on a graph/chart in the computer. This will not be a linear graph but will allow the computer to compare the received voltage with the position on the graph/chart and output the correct fuel remaining (and calculated miles remaining) on the display.
Thank you.

ArT

Postby ArT » Wed Jan 20, 2021 7:19 pm

It's not so easy mod :( I'll explain why. Fuel capacity is stored in single byte variable which can store values from 0 to 255. This fuel capacity is used in all other calculations as single byte variable and also in communication protocol via usb, so changing variable type will not be enough because there are many connections in firmware :( Anyway, fuel tank capacity in UTCOMP is usable fuel tank capacity (how much you usually tank at full, not how big is the tank), so you can round off it to 11 gallons (= 5% smaller). It does not have influence on fuel consumption calculations - only for estimated distance to refuel, so you will be informed earlier (it will be 5% safe margin error;)

The second issue with fuel tank linearity - I added it to TODO list, but it can't promise at the moment. At the moment just ignore signal from sensor and use it from fuel consumption calculation. I know that it requires resetting stats when you refuel (quick 3 clicks if you refuel to full) but I recommend this type of measurement in your case. When you calibrate fuel consumption you will have better accuracy for current fuel in fuel tank and your fuel level will not change on uphills/downhills/long turns.

PS. I saw your assembling in Cortina Supercharged, very nice and clean, I fully understand that you would like to have everything perfect in small details :)

AdyH

Postby AdyH » Thu Jan 21, 2021 11:39 am

Thanks for that Art.
Here is another possibility for tank capacity. Would it be possible to allow the user to input the Fuel tank capacity in Litres (whole numbers), but still have the Fuel consumption shown on the display as MPG ?.This would allow the possibility of greater accuracy in the tank capacity (4 times more accurate than single unit gallons), but the computer would simply convert the final consumption calculation from l/km to MPG at the display.
Also, on the trip display being able to input the cost per litre even though the final display will show in gallons.
In conclusion, is it possible to input data/parameters into the computer as Litres or Gallons (PSI or Bar,Miles or km) but still be given the option of what will be shown at the display ?. So I could input the tank capacity in litres but I decide on my final display in MPG.
So the user is not bound by the units they set on the preferences tab for the whole process. They could choose what units are inputted in to the computer and what units are displayed. The computer would do all the conversion calculations before the display.
Thanks.

Pistou

Postby Pistou » Mon Feb 01, 2021 12:13 pm

Hi :)

I have the boost pressure and fuel pressure measured... I'm looking for exact fuel pressure !

Can you add an option (in fact if everyone would get boost and fuel pressure that'd be standard ^^):
- Pressure measured by fuel sensor MINUS Boost pressure ?

=> That's the exact fuel pressure for turbo engine but still you need these 2 parameters !

Thanks

Kaldek

Postby Kaldek » Tue Mar 23, 2021 11:25 am

Hi Artur,

It's been a while (five years!) since I last asked but can we please get the ability to read ethanol content. ADC 0-5v is fine - I know I previously asked for PWM but 0-5v is all I need.

I would reprogram the icons just using version 3.8 but unfortunately I can't change both the icon and the value without mucking up all the other feeds. From an icon perspective I need an "ethanol" icon (just a capital "E" would do) and a percentage symbol (%) for the value.

ArT

Postby ArT » Wed Mar 24, 2021 11:07 am

Ethanol is on todo list but as you know how is it.. many projects.. many tasks.. and priority list :? This feature is still waiting in quene :( Even if not official release I try to prepare you custom firmware with required mods.

Kaldek

Postby Kaldek » Fri Mar 26, 2021 12:55 am

ArT wrote:Ethanol is on todo list but as you know how is it.. many projects.. many tasks.. and priority list :? This feature is still waiting in quene :( Even if not official release I try to prepare you custom firmware with required mods.

Thanks Artur. I did get a friend to make up an ethanol logo but at the time I accidentally put the % symbol in the main logo. However it's here if it gives you any ideas. I used a "moonshine bottle" with two X symbols in it to denote alcohol.

Ethanol-percentage.zip
(732 Bytes) Downloaded 196 times

Return to “UTCOMP News, Updates and Other”