Update v3.4 for UTCOMP-3 and UTCOMP-PRO

Update notes, news and general discussion about UTCOMP.
ArT

Update v3.4 for UTCOMP-3 and UTCOMP-PRO

Postby ArT » Fri Sep 30, 2016 2:17 pm

Dear UTCOMP-3 and UTCOMP-PRO Users :!: We are glad, that you are with us :D Today we are sharing you v3.4 update for UTCOMP-3 and UTCOMP-PRO.

UTCOMP_v3-4_Setup-EN

Who can update and how to update?

Your satisfaction is our priority, so traditionaly, update is free for all :mrgreen: It will work with all UTCOMP-3 and UTCOMP-PRO modules. Update process is described in update manual (in software: menu help -> manuals). If you have troubles into switching to DFU (update mode) than you should clear device memory by pressing CTRL + ALT + SHIFT + R in software (all settings and statistics will be erased!) and update after that. You should save default settings to UTCOMP after update (CTRL + ALT + R)

Changelog v3.4 for UTCOMP-3 and UTCOMP-PRO

Updated manuals are already available on REVELTRONICS' site. In this post I'd like to describe v3.4 changes so you can read about all changes in single place. First of all, I'll describe common changes for UTCOMP-3 and UTCOMP-PRO. Secondly, changes available only in UTCOMP-PRO. At the end, you will find info about some minor improvments.

Second channel for AFR. Added LAMBDA.

Added second channel for AFR readings, e.g. for V-type engines. In input/output configuration there is possibility to select AFR1/AFR2. Both wideband o2 sensors with controllers should be the same type. In GUI in user screens there is possibility to select AFR1/AFR2. In alert system there is single configuration. When alert occur - it is displayed AFR1 or AFR2. In data-logger are also AFR1/AFR2.

Furthermore, added possibility to switch from AFR to LAMBDA readings (LAMBDA1/LAMBDA2). LAMBDA value is displayed on the screen with double precision (X.XX). Configuration for lambda is available in settings -> advanced -> afr/lambda.

Fuel pressure readings

Added configuration for fuel pressure sensor (BAR/PSI) with GUI in user screens. There is extended measurement range for fuel pressure. For 0-99.9 value there is 0.1 resolution on the screen (for higher value there is 1.0 precision). In practise, you can connect 0-10 bar sensor for fuel pressure in petrol engine for 0-10.0 bar readings. You can also connect stock fuel pressure sensor on common-rail in diesel engine for 0-2000 BAR readings.

Oil warm-up information

Modified alert for oil temperature. Now there is possibility to set alert "above both thresholds". First threshold is for warm-up information (e.g. 60C). Second threshold is for high temperature alert.

Warm-up information will be not displayed if engine was started already with warm oil.

Inspection/Service for date

Added two new inspections for date, e.g. for annual service and insurance. Now there are available in total 8 inspections: 4 for mileage, 2 for motohours and 2 for date. You can set custom name for all inspections. Inspection reminder is displayed if left less than 15 days.

Configuration for third analog temperature sensor (NTC-3)

Added configuration for NTC-3 (analog temperature sensor). Settings and options are similar to NTC-1 and NTC-2.

Smart algorithm for outside temperature sensor

Added posibility to enable smart algorithm for outside temperature measurements:
  • if read temperature is lower than current temperature -> update immadiately
  • if read temperature is higher than current temperature -> average 20 measurements for speed greater than 25 km/h
Algorithm is activated after 30s since UTCOMP wakeup. For first 30s outside temperature is updated immadiately.

Smart algorithm is disabled by default. You can activate in Settings -> Preferences.

Digital output control (DigOutUser) in UTCOMP-PRO

Added digital output control function. Digital output state depends on selected temperature or vehicle speed. It can be used e.g. for relay control switch.

This feature is described in details in separate tutorial:
viewtopic.php?f=28&t=172

HUD mode for OLED in UTCOMP-PRO

At the end small gadget feature :mrgreen: Added Head-Up Display (HUD) mode for OLED in UTCOMP-PRO. In this mode all data are displayed in mirror on the screen. You can use windshield or dedicated small piece of glass for reflection. There is HUD foil recommended to get better visibility. Visibility in day-light is.. not so good :cry: but in night... take a look:

If you would like to use HUD as regular mode, I recommend to use dual display (one in HUD mode and second traditional in dashboard - you will need 2 modules) or use separate small piece of glass with HUD foil.

Other changes

• added USB reinit with ignition switch (more reliable USB transmision),
  • fixed oil pressure icon for USER1 - USER4 region in user screen (4),
  • changed fuel level alert - can be disabled for PB for LPG cars and changed minimum value to 10,
  • changed RPM calibration (calibration value may be below 1.0)
  • added possibility to prepare and save UTCOMP settings to external file in off-line mode (without connected module).

Kaldek

Re: Update v3.4 for UTCOMP-3 and UTCOMP-PRO

Postby Kaldek » Wed Oct 05, 2016 1:51 pm

Sweet!!!! Cannot wait to try out the upgrade! When you say "Dual Display requires 2 modules" do you mean two display modules or two UTCOMP modules?

How can you connect two displays?

ArT

Postby ArT » Wed Oct 05, 2016 4:38 pm

2 modules + 2 displays.

You can connect 2 displays parallel to single module but both will be in normal or both in HUD mode (both will be displaying the same), so you will need 2 UTCOMP-PRO modules (you can connect most signals parallel to both modules with shared keyboard) and one will be in normal mode and second in HUD.

Eventually if you learn your brain to read mirrored values than you can stay with single module :mrgreen:

Personally I'm using HUD mode over 2 weeks now and it's fine in most cases - with HUD foil it is readable in daylight. The only "bad case" is sunlight in front of you operating directly on display - in this case I can not see any data :( I can make photos under different conditions if you are interested.
Attachments
hud2.jpg
hud2.jpg (110.71 KiB) Viewed 13583 times

Kaldek

Postby Kaldek » Thu Oct 06, 2016 11:16 am

Good to know - I'll reserve HUD mode for someone that wants HUD mode only.

Time to possibly think about a laser scanning HUD display maybe. :-)

http://www.intersil.com/en/products/end-market-specific/automotive-ics/laser-diode-drivers/ISL78365.html

przemko

Postby przemko » Thu Oct 06, 2016 6:45 pm

ArT wrote: The only "bad case" is sunlight in front of you operating directly on display - in this case I can not see any data :( I can make photos under different conditions if you are interested.

I'd like to see those photos. I see that you use green oled display. Do you have access to another oled display (white, blue-cyan, amber). Maybe another colors will be more visible in hud mode? Could you make test/photos with different colors oled display?

kens

Re: dual widebands on display

Postby kens » Thu Oct 13, 2016 2:49 am

I am having a difficult time getting the firmware to update. I can not get into the DFU mode -- All i get is this
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (141.67 KiB) Viewed 13421 times

When it goes to DFU mode it just circles back to this.
I do not see it show up on the USB list either !!

Please help
Thanks
KEN

ArT

Postby ArT » Thu Oct 13, 2016 2:29 pm

If you have troubles into switching to DFU (update mode) than you should clear device memory by pressing CTRL + ALT + SHIFT + R in software (all settings and statistics will be erased!) and update after that.

is it not helping?

kens

Postby kens » Fri Oct 14, 2016 3:15 pm

It won't connect. I added the files on one computer manually and nothing. I will check on the second one. I do not remember what was done on the second computer.

Thanks
Ken

przemko

Postby przemko » Sun Oct 16, 2016 12:03 am

Today after some small fight I successfully updated my UKP-PRO from 3.2.1 to 3.4. I've had similar case as you kens. When I try to enter into the DFU mode then on UKP display I see logo screen, I hear beep and after that I see screen with journey summary (on pc I see information about disconnection with UKP module).

I've done two things:
I uninstalled "Atmel Corporation (libusb0) Atmel USB Devices" (using Windows configuration for adding/removing programs).
I've used UKP software in version 3.2.1 to executed "Restore default settings" in "Settings" menu .

After make those steps I was able to switch into firmware update mode (by using UKP in version 3.4) and was shown prompt for install required drivers . When installation of drivers finished I've updated my UKP-PRO successfully.

You could try to execute "Restore default settings" using UKP software in version 3.3 and check if after that you can enter into the DFU mode by using UKP in version 3.4.

If not then try also uninstall libusb0 drivers before start of update process.

Return to “UTCOMP News, Updates and Other”