Bugs in SFP interface

Here you can ask technical questions about REVELPROG-IS and device/memory programming.
zburget

Bugs in SFP interface

Postby zburget » Thu Mar 09, 2023 11:06 am

Hi,
I found some bugs in iterface to wrok with SFP modules.
Let's say we want to copy some string to buffer.
I've needed string in clipboard and I want to paste into buffer. When I put cursor on the appropriate position in hex editor and press Ctrl+V, all is right. But problem is with upper toolbar.
If I put cursor in some text field and press Ctrl+A, is not selected text in this field as expected, but selected are data in hex editor.
This is the first bug.
O.K. - Ctrl+A don't work, so select (and eventual delete) text in field manually.
If I click by right mouse button and select "Paste", string is pasted into text field properly. But - If I press Ctrl+V, string is pasted to hex editor!

Revelprog IS, v1.9.0
Last edited by zburget on Sat Mar 11, 2023 8:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Zbyněk Burget

zburget

Re: Bugs in SFP interface

Postby zburget » Fri Mar 10, 2023 2:55 pm

…and I found one more bug:

I select "SFP [User]" device, select "page select (128 bytes)" area, select other than memory page 0 and perform some operation (read/write) on this page.
Now, If I select area "A2h (256 bytes)" or I select device "SFP [A2h]", memory page is automatically set to 0. But, all operations are performed on previously selectet page and there is no possibility to change memory page right to 0. Is necessary to switch to device "SFP [User]", "page select (128 bytes)" area, select memory page 0, perform some operation (e.g. read), and only by this way switch memory page byck to 0.

It took me a long time to realize what was going on. :-? :-)
Zbyněk Burget

ArT

Re: Bugs in SFP interface

Postby ArT » Fri Mar 10, 2023 3:32 pm

Thank you for reporting this, we will check it and fix it during next update. There is already unofficial v1.9.0c with some improvements, but I'll need to check if it's already fixed or not.

edit: it's already fixed and fix will be available in next update.

Return to “Technical Support”