SFP modules GigaLight

Here you can ask technical questions about REVELPROG-IS and device/memory programming.
ArT

Re: SFP modules GigaLight

Postby ArT » Tue Apr 11, 2023 8:04 am

It has to be option apply range in single bytes, but I see that in last version we have something messed out with this function.
With enabled this function and selected range 30 30 30 30 - 39 39 39 39 it goes thourh each byte from 30 to 39. Without this function it will jump e.g. to 30 30 30 3A because 30 30 30 3A is lower than 39 39 39 39 (as a whole number).

edit: it's ok, I just checked it with your GigaLight device. The issue is with write delay. When I limit range to 0-9 ASCII chars and function 'apply range to single bytes' is enabled then from some reason write delay should be 5ms or higher. When I disable function 'apply range to single bytes' then it's working even with 0.08ms write delay. Seems like function detecting possible minimum write delay is not working properly when password location is changed (A2 FC in this case) and additionaly this write delay should be higher when function 'apply range to single bytes' is enabled. When I select standard password location, autodetect write delay is working. I added to TODO list to check this in details. Thank you for pointing on it.

edit2: after further testing I see strange behaviour for GigaLight. Sometimes it's faster, sometimes it's slower. Even if I change password location to standard A2 7B then auto write delay is not reliable for this SFP. It will be tricky to find other method for auto write delay other then setting manual to 10ms.

zburget

Re: SFP modules GigaLight

Postby zburget » Tue Apr 11, 2023 7:07 pm

For modules GigaLight with set range to "User defined", unchecked "Apply range to single bytes" and write delay set to "Auto adjust" in 1st step, the range is found reliably. In 2nd step, where password searched with manual delay, I must set more then 10ms (e.g. 50ms) and password is found exactly. In case of 10ms sometimes password is found 1 or 2 higher.
With checked "Apply range to single bytes" is impossible to find password.
Zbyněk Burget

Return to “Technical Support”