Seeking assistance. Locked? Can't find password?

Here you can ask technical questions about REVELPROG-IS and device/memory programming.
sky_marc

Seeking assistance. Locked? Can't find password?

Postby sky_marc » Tue May 16, 2023 8:42 pm

Good morning ArT

I have the Revelprog-IS and ver 1.9 of the software.
I have watched your videos and read as many posts in these forums as I could find but I am never able to reproduce any useful results.

The SFPs we are using to learn this tool is:
10Gtek AXS85-192-M3
SFP+ SR 850nm 300m

They have a Blade Networks encoding on them right now.

I can load the encoding in your software and see the encoded Brand, Model, Revision and Serial Number.

Basically, if you can treat me like i'm 5 until this clicks, I would really appreciate it.
How do i firstly confirm that these SFPs are password protected?
Again I followed your videos and get 0x11 or 0x14 errors when making any changes and trying to apply.
I've let the password utility go for 16 days on this SFP and it did not find anything, I had a delay of 0.10ms

I saw in another thread just now that the SFPs can time out. Where do I see if this is happening?

Thanks for reading and any assistance you can share with me.

ArT

Re: Seeking assistance. Locked? Can't find password?

Postby ArT » Fri May 19, 2023 9:50 am

If you can not overwrite manufacturer data (e.g. manufacturer name, s/n etc.) then transceiver is write protected. If you can overwrite this data - it's unprotected.

To unprotect it, it may be required manufacturer password (in most cases), but it can be protected also with other method (which is known only by manufacturer).

Manufacturer entry password for SFP is usually located in addr A2h 7Bh - but there are some transceivers where location of password is changed, e.g. A2h FCh. When you used brute force for whole range for A2 7B and it not found anything, you can check to run brute force on A2 FC (first only on ASCII chars - it will be faster, then on whole range). If it still not find password it means that it has to be protected on other way or password is stored in not usual place.

You can try to get some information from manufacturer (10Gtek in your case) who knows, maybe they will share it to you.

sky_marc

Postby sky_marc » Tue May 23, 2023 7:59 pm

Thank you for your response, ArT.

Is it just as simple as editing the options in the drop down and field to the right?
Attachments
revelprog_snip_01.PNG
revelprog_snip_01.PNG (25.08 KiB) Viewed 3278 times

ArT

Postby ArT » Tue May 23, 2023 10:51 pm

Yeah exactly, you can modify password location using these fields, right field is overwriting default value

thankfly

Postby thankfly » Thu Jun 08, 2023 3:42 am

Hi,
The location you write is wrong.
Maybe you need to write "A2h FC" instead of "7C".
Best.

Return to “Technical Support”