Bugs not only in the SFP interface in Revelprog IS v1.9.1

Here you can ask technical questions about REVELPROG-IS and device/memory programming.
zburget

Bugs not only in the SFP interface in Revelprog IS v1.9.1

Postby zburget » Wed Jun 14, 2023 8:10 am

Hi ArT,
I found two bugs in Revelprog IS in interface for SFP modules, if is selected SFP from device database (SFP [A0] and SFP [A2] are alright:
  1. When writing the A2 or Page select area, a warning pops up that the checksum does not match. This is a nonsense report in this block. If one makes a mistake and clicks on the repair options, it will corrupt the code in the A2 block.
  2. In case the focus is set to the combobox "Area", attempting to work with the module using the hotkeys F5, F6,… will cause the corresponding script to run twice at the same time. If is focused another element in the form, the problem dosn't occur.
Last edited by zburget on Thu Jun 15, 2023 7:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Zbyněk Burget

ArT

Re: Bugs in SFP interface in Revelprog IS v1.9.1

Postby ArT » Wed Jun 14, 2023 2:15 pm

Thanks Zbyněk for bug report, we will check it

zburget

Postby zburget » Wed Jun 14, 2023 2:47 pm

…and another one:
When I open or save file, the file remains open (is impossible to move or delete it). Sometimes it remains open even after opening/saving another one. Revelprog IS needs to be closed before such file can be moved/deleted.
Zbyněk Burget

zburget

Postby zburget » Wed Jun 14, 2023 2:53 pm

addition: Files remain open when opened in DiffChecker.
Zbyněk Burget

ArT

Postby ArT » Wed Jun 14, 2023 2:55 pm

zburget wrote:…and another one:
When I open or save file, the file remains open (is impossible to move or delete it). Sometimes it remains open even after opening/saving another one. Revelprog IS needs to be closed before such file can be moved/deleted.

it needs to operate directly on file, this is how it works and it's designed behaviour. When you open other file, previous file should be unlocked, if it's not happening, I'll need steps to reproduce this issue.

zburget

Postby zburget » Wed Jun 14, 2023 4:01 pm

ArT wrote:it needs to operate directly on file, this is how it works and it's designed behaviour.
O.K.

When you open other file, previous file should be unlocked, if it's not happening, I'll need steps to reproduce this issue.

Let's have two files with codes. In Revelprog IS open DiffChecker and e.g. in window 1 open the first file. Now in DiffCecker, in same window 1 open the second file. Try to rename / delete the first file. It isn't possible, because the first file is still opened.
Zbyněk Burget

zburget

Postby zburget » Wed Jun 14, 2023 5:23 pm

And two more bugs found:

1. Open Revelprog IS (I use SFP interface). Open DiffChecker. Now read the EEPROM code from SFP. In DiffChecker window 1 open some file. In window 2 update buffer snapshot by click on text "Buffer snapshot". And now in window 1 select Buffer snaphot too. The following error pops up: "The process cannot access the file. '<path-to-user-profile>\AppData\Local\Temp\REVELPROG-IS\dcBuf1.bin' because it is being used by another process. If this happens after working with the program for some time, it causes the program to crash.
  2. I'm programming my GigaLight SFP modules (you have one from me, you can try it). A password is required to write to block A0, but block A2 is written only if the password hasn't been applied. So I proceed by first writing block A2 page 0 (128 bytes), then execute password script an then write block A0 (256 bytes). I note that the password is at the non-standard address A2h/FCh. Everything works well except for one "cosmetic detail". I programm several modules one after the other, so I've opened window for entering the password, the checkbox "Enter current password" is checked and the password is filled in. I put module into programmer, write block A2 page 0 and after the block A2 page 0 is written, it will appear in the displayed code as if the password had also been written there - but on wrong address?! On the addresses FBh-FEh are corresponding characters! It seems that Revelprog IS voluntarily write password to address 7B, which is currently not visible and module controller copies it to address 128 bytes higher. Password isn't entered at address FCh (the block a0 is not written until I manually run the script to write the password).

Ufff, I hope I explained it clearly.
Last edited by zburget on Wed Jun 14, 2023 9:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Zbyněk Burget

zburget

Postby zburget » Wed Jun 14, 2023 9:30 pm

And last one:
You cannot insert a value into the fields in the header using Ctrl+V - it's always inserted into the ASCII block at the bottom of the window at the current cursor position.
Zbyněk Burget

ArT

Re: Bugs not only in the SFP interface in Revelprog IS v1.9.1

Postby ArT » Fri Jan 19, 2024 2:53 pm

I've sent you on PM new working version with bug fixes for transceivers which you reported in this and other threads. Please check PM for more details :)

Return to “Technical Support”