Device not found

Here you can ask technical questions about REVELPROG-IS and device/memory programming.
noovas

Device not found

Postby noovas » Mon Apr 08, 2024 10:38 am

Hello,
I am facing problem when I try to read 24c16wp memory (Device not found). This memory is unsoldered from working PCB, also the memory is working because the device is operating without problem. Because I am new with using the programmer I bought brand new memory (M24C16),this one I write and read without a problem (just to test drivers and programmer).
Is it possible my 24c16wp memory to be read protected? Is there a way to find this out? What I can do to read it?
Thanks !

ArT

Re: Device not found

Postby ArT » Mon Apr 08, 2024 12:16 pm

EEPROM 24xx can not be read protected. They can be only write protected with pin7 (WP) but it should still read.
Please check if you do not have invisible layer of flux or paint because it may work as insulator and you will have similar communication error. You can use 99% IPA to clean up eeprom pins and then make sure that you have solid connection on all pins.

noovas

Re: Device not found

Postby noovas » Mon Apr 08, 2024 2:21 pm

I cleaned the chip with break cleaner then I scratched the pins and after few atтemps success!!
THANKS

Return to “Technical Support”