Partial erase of the EEPROM during programming of a SFP

Here you can ask technical questions about REVELPROG-IS and device/memory programming.
GreatSymphonia

Partial erase of the EEPROM during programming of a SFP

Postby GreatSymphonia » Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:48 am

Hi everyone, I have an issue regarding the programming process of a fiberstore SFP I have.

I have successfully cracked the password for said SFP (8081824B) using the Password cracking tool and I am now at the point of using said password to Flash a custom EEPROM. I know the cracked password was successful because it allowed me to see a "test" in the resulting firmware written to the device.

When I attempt a write operation after having cracked the password, The write operation first attempts to erase the SFP and does so partially, I have this as a result:
RevelProg_Issue.png
RevelProg_Issue.png (138.79 KiB) Viewed 46 times

So far, I have tried to simply erase the EEPROM, but even that doesn't work. I have also tried to write the 8 first bytes of the SFP, the only part that I was able to erase, but to no avail.

Thank you for your time,

ArT

Re: Partial erase of the EEPROM during programming of a SFP

Postby ArT » Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:54 pm

Generally it should save 4 bytes password in first 4 letters of manufacturer name. Seems like password was fine for single write (TEST) and then it not worked for second write. It may be implemented mechanism in SFP of changing password every write but it's quite unique. It may be also issue with write delay which is to small.

Does it display "Found password"~on green background when you run brute force tool or timeout error or it shows end of searching?

Return to “Technical Support”