Hi! Yes you can check few things.
1. Chapter 5 in manual - hope you do not missed it (few tips and tricks described)https://www.reveltronics.com/downloads/ ... manual.pdf
2. Pin 6 and Pin 7 - are you connecting them? Pin 6 is memory configuration (8-bit/16-bit) and in some circuits it should be NOT connected (left floating if it is already connected in circuit). Pin 7 is Write Protection / Program Enable - if it is connected in circuit you should also do not connect it from programmer. So you can try to read without connecting pin 6 or pin 7 or both. Mechanism is described in Chapters 5.1 and 5.2
3. If you have still overcurrent then you can try to decrease memory voltage (VPP). This trick is described in Chapter 4.4.3.
93xx devices are for +5V, but most of them still working with lower voltage (e.g. 2.7V ... 3V... 4V etc. depends on manufacturer - you can check minimum working voltage in device datasheet). When you use lower voltage then other elements on the some power supply line does not start and does not consume power (the effect is lower current consumption).
4. Do you know if others are using external power supply for this ECU? If yes, then you will need too.
5. How about hardware test for programmer? All values are green?
If everything seems to be correct and this is still not working then please send me pictures of your connections.