GPON ONT SFP (AlcatelLucent O010SP) read timeouts

Here you can ask technical questions about REVELPROG-IS and device/memory programming.
jahiguera

GPON ONT SFP (AlcatelLucent O010SP) read timeouts

Postby jahiguera » Thu May 28, 2020 9:50 pm

Hi. I just purchased a Revelprog-IS and the SFP accesory. I'm trying to read a GPON ONT SFP (AlcatelLucent O010SP) however it most of the times gives me timeout when trying to read it. I have tested will all the brands in the Revelprog application. The best that has worked for me is WTD. However the brut force password tools always fails with DEVICE TIMEOUT. I have tested other brands of SFP and I can read them without problems. I need your help to see what I'm maybe doing wrong with this O010SP.

ArT

Re: GPON ONT SFP (AlcatelLucent O010SP) read timeouts

Postby ArT » Fri May 29, 2020 7:42 am

Hi, some SFPs allows for I2C transmission only after power up - second try will give you timeout (REVELPROG will try to restart SFP in such case and 3rd try may or may ot work) but when you unplug SFP, plug it and click read - it should work. You can also try "NoDelay" option (checkbox).

For brute force password if auto-adjust does not work you have to set write delay manually - try 10ms. If it work - try 9ms, if it work, try 8ms etc. But please remember about above - unplug SFP, plug SFP and then click brute force (or disconnect usb power supply from adapter and connect again). Second try may be timeout, 3rd try may work again (if SFP restarts success), 4rd may not work, 5th may work etc - I had this issue with some transceivers

jahiguera

Postby jahiguera » Mon Jun 01, 2020 8:54 pm

Thanks Art, I figured out that the issue is that O010SP draws a lot of Power, so I had to connect the Revelprog SFP Adapter to an USB Wall Brick. Now my question is: Is it possible to tweak the Password Tool of the Revelprog SW, to reduce the write delay to 0.5 milliseconds or smaller ? I see the small number it accepts is just 1 millisecond. The Auto Adjust option just doesn't work for me, it says "Device Not Present", and the 0 ms manual option has the same issue.

Currently with 1 ms, it's doing 250 passwords/second, and it says it can take up to 98 days to discover the password.

Don´t you keep a database of discovered passwords? Maybe if someone else has a O010SP they could share the password.

Thanks

ArT

Postby ArT » Tue Jun 02, 2020 7:17 am

This option is during development and will be available in next update. I can share you beta version on PM so you will update to v1.8.3 and you can set delay between 0 and 1ms. If AutoAdjust does not work then it means that password entry is hidden (password entry area - address 0xA2 0x7B for SFP - is not visible - always 0x00 or 0xFF) or SFP is protected in other way (e.g. it does not have manufacturer password).

We will be building SFP community (maybe here on forum) where people can share passwords each other. I'll inform you when idea translates to ready solution;)

I'm sending you PM with beta update, please check it and let me know if it worked with smaller delays.

jahiguera

Postby jahiguera » Mon Jun 08, 2020 11:26 pm

Wow, it is ten times faster. I'm running it with 0.06ms, and it gives 2900 passwords/second.

Return to “Technical Support”