Administrator account required for software

Here you can ask technical questions about REVELPROG-IS and device/memory programming.
Joneal01

Administrator account required for software

Postby Joneal01 » Fri Oct 09, 2015 2:45 pm

In a future version, would it be possible to remove the need for an account specifically named "administrator" ? I understand that admin rights might still be required to install and use the software, but the computers where I work are members of a domain, and for security purposes have the default "administrator" accounts removed and replaced with an account that has the same privileges, but a different name. It was my experience installing and using the programming software that I had to go manually create a local account specifically named "administrator" to proceed. Even after installation, the software won't run under any other user account, even if they have administrative rights.

ArT

Re: Administrator account required for software

Postby ArT » Sun Oct 11, 2015 2:53 pm

Next update is in progress and we will check it. Thanks for feedback.

ArT

Postby ArT » Fri Oct 16, 2015 6:28 pm

Dear Joneal,
It seems application is running well without administrator privilieges and without account named as "administrator".
Do you have problems with application start under account without administrator rights (what error is displaying?) or with connection to database after application is run? And what OS version do you have?

woko

Postby woko » Wed May 03, 2017 7:54 am

it only runs with the user which installed the software! I gave my user admin rights and installed the SW new. Now it runs with this user also without admin rights. Revelprog V1.5 und WIN7.

Return to “Technical Support”