N25Q128A Chip doesn't Flash exactly what's in the buffer?

Here you can ask technical questions about REVELPROG-IS and device/memory programming.
Tsupper356

N25Q128A Chip doesn't Flash exactly what's in the buffer?

Postby Tsupper356 » Fri May 21, 2021 6:47 pm

Hi, I can't seem to get the N25Q128A13 Chip to Flash exactly what's in the buffer from the bin file into the chip using ICSP. The Verify Fails every time and the board I flash stops working. I even tried putting my backup file that I made back onto the chip, and it doesn't flash back on correctly, verify fails and there winds up being about 1000 differences. What am I doing wrong? If need be, I can provide more information, just let me know!

Also is there a way to just flash the BIOS part of the chip? When I flash the chip it flashes the entire chip, and I really only need to flash the BIOS part of the chip. Or is there a way to only flash a String on the chip? That would be ideal...

ArT

Re: N25Q128A Chip doesn't Flash exactly what's in the buffer?

Postby ArT » Tue May 25, 2021 6:11 pm

You need to reflash whole memory area (each flash memory should be erased before write). How about when you try to reflash it in adapter? You can have other communication in external board (e.g. between chip and uC) and there is bus conflict (all other chips should be in reset state). You can also may have to low voltage during write, you can try in such case to increase slightly voltage (+0,3 volts). You can also try to decrease programming speed (settings -> flash sck -> 50% or 10%) and check it. The chip cells may be also damaged and it can not be erased properply. Please check also Chapter 5 for in circuit programming for other possible traps. Please check it also by programming chip in external adapter, verification should pass and it has to work, I programmed N25Q128A13 and ...A11 many times without errors. Please let me know about results, if it still will not work we will try to find solution.

Return to “Technical Support”