1.8.5 freezes password tool

Here you can ask technical questions about REVELPROG-IS and device/memory programming.
LNI

1.8.5 freezes password tool

Postby LNI » Mon Jun 21, 2021 6:56 pm

Hi,

We use firmware 1.8.5 & software 1.8.5. When trying to find manufacturing password the tool quit, or freezes after some hours of checking passwords. did try to increase timing a bit but no avail.

Are there more people with this issue? if not what would be the right steps to diagnose and/or provide the right data for fixing this issue?

ArT

Re: 1.8.5 freezes password tool

Postby ArT » Tue Jun 22, 2021 10:43 am

Please make sure that you have:
1. connected usb cable directly to PC motheboard (without any HUB or dockstation)
2. you are using high speed usb cable (with double shielding - this from set is fine)
3. you are NOT using virtual machine
I did not have similar issue with BF function before, but I had issue with freezing communication during standard read/write memory due to too high latency on USB bus.

You can also check behaviour on other PC or with v1.8.4 software & firmware (you will need to downgrade firmware to v1.8.4 - I can send you details on PM).

Do you have logging to file enabled? Maybe file is going to high in size.

If anyone else has similar issue please write here in topic, maybe it's not solo case and needs further investigation.

LNI

Postby LNI » Mon Jun 28, 2021 7:01 pm

i switched cables and it seems to run stable...

thankfly

Postby thankfly » Mon Aug 09, 2021 4:09 am

ArT wrote:Please make sure that you have:
1. connected usb cable directly to PC motheboard (without any HUB or dockstation)
2. you are using high speed usb cable (with double shielding - this from set is fine)
3. you are NOT using virtual machine
I did not have similar issue with BF function before, but I had issue with freezing communication during standard read/write memory due to too high latency on USB bus.

You can also check behaviour on other PC or with v1.8.4 software & firmware (you will need to downgrade firmware to v1.8.4 - I can send you details on PM).

Do you have logging to file enabled? Maybe file is going to high in size.

If anyone else has similar issue please write here in topic, maybe it's not solo case and needs further investigation.

HI,ArT, Could you send me the method how th downgrade the firmware from 1.8.5 to 1.8.3? Tks

ArT

Postby ArT » Mon Aug 09, 2021 10:35 am

I'm sending you details on PM.
Is something not working on v1.8.5 but was working on v1.8.3? Please let me know, we will check it.

Return to “Technical Support”