GPON SFP ONT sercomm FGS202: I can't connect to gpon sfp

Here you can ask technical questions about REVELPROG-IS and device/memory programming.
VSALAHSHOURNEJAD

GPON SFP ONT sercomm FGS202: I can't connect to gpon sfp

Postby VSALAHSHOURNEJAD » Tue Jan 11, 2022 6:18 pm

Hello
today, I tried to connect on my GPON SFP: SERCOMM to modify it but found an error like " DEVICE NOT FOUND " but on the other sfp normal, was working fine.
thank you for helping me

ArT

Re: GPON SFP ONT sercomm FGS202: I can't connect to gpon sfp

Postby ArT » Wed Jan 12, 2022 7:59 am

Do you trying to read A2 or A0 page? I'm asking because A2 page is not always available and trying to read it will always give communication error. If you try to read A0 page and you have communication error please try to select EEPROM -> TRANSCEIVERS -> SFP[USER] and then click checkbox "ND" and try read again - any difference? Please make sure also that SFP is powered (usb cable to sfp adapter). If read is working and you have this error only during write that it means sfp is read only and probably it does not support any write.

error666

Re: GPON SFP ONT sercomm FGS202: I can't connect to gpon sfp

Postby error666 » Tue Mar 29, 2022 4:11 am

VSALAHSHOURNEJAD wrote:Hello
today, I tried to connect on my GPON SFP: SERCOMM to modify it but found an error like " DEVICE NOT FOUND " but on the other sfp normal, was working fine.
thank you for helping me

I have written before about this module elsewhere on this forum.
To read the FGS202, SFP pin 7 (Dying Gasp) must be held high by a 4.7k pull-up resistor, otherwise, the watchdog timer will reset it and the firmware will never finish loading.
The new SFP QSFP XFP adapter is equipped with a header connector with access to all pins, making this task easy.
https://www.reveltronics.com/en/shop/80 ... -80-detail

Return to “Technical Support”