Write verification operation failed flash memory Adesto AT45DB641E

Here you can ask technical questions about REVELPROG-IS and device/memory programming.
ArT

Re: Write verification operation failed flash memory Adesto AT45DB641E

Postby ArT » Thu May 05, 2022 8:15 am

You can only write OTP bytes 0-63. You can not write bytes 64-127 - it's factory programmed (Adesto S/N). Your device does not have any data written in OTP user area (0-63 bytes). It has to be some protection mechanism before clonning. Based on data you have shared I can't figure it out, sorry :(

MazingerZ

Postby MazingerZ » Thu May 05, 2022 7:11 pm

ArT wrote:You can only write OTP bytes 0-63. You can not write bytes 64-127 - it's factory programmed (Adesto S/N). Your device does not have any data written in OTP user area (0-63 bytes). It has to be some protection mechanism before clonning. Based on data you have shared I can't figure it out, sorry :(

Hi Art,
I enclose the link of the programming file .bin of the flash memory of the blocked alarm, as well as the images of the OTP reading and the blocked parameters, everything is from the same Adesto AT45DB641E flash memory.
In case you can get some more information as a last resort to see if anything else can be done.

.bin file --> https://www.mediafire.com/file/50fhj8zr ... d.pdf/file

Thank you very much in advance for all your support.
Attachments
Sin título.png
Sin título.png (127.71 KiB) Viewed 1748 times
comandos lectura datos ocultos flash Adesto.png
comandos lectura datos ocultos flash Adesto.png (108.24 KiB) Viewed 1748 times

MazingerZ

Postby MazingerZ » Wed May 11, 2022 7:55 pm

ArT wrote:You can only write OTP bytes 0-63. You can not write bytes 64-127 - it's factory programmed (Adesto S/N). Your device does not have any data written in OTP user area (0-63 bytes). It has to be some protection mechanism before clonning. Based on data you have shared I can't figure it out, sorry :(

Hi Art,
When I read from the Adesto AT45DB641E flash memory, I have noticed, comparing the data of each reading, that the data differs between several readings... why does this usually happen?
I have verified with a multimeter that the flash memory pins are correct with the REVELPROG IS programmer.
I have used 100% clock rate.

Later, I have been changing the clock frequency to 50%, 10% and 2% and the readings get worse.

ArT

Postby ArT » Thu May 12, 2022 12:18 pm

It can be 2 reasons, one from programmer one from board.

1. From programmer - pin contact issue or programmer faulty or USB communication issues. Please make hardware test - does it pass? any difference on 50% sck or with different VPP level? Also USB 2.0 HS cable (double shielded) should be plugged directly to motherboard, without hubs.

2. From board - if it's reading in external circuit it may happen due to many reasons, starting from bus conflict during read and ending on timestamp memory update every read (from master device). Do you read in adapter or in external circuit in this case?

MazingerZ

Postby MazingerZ » Sat May 14, 2022 12:56 am

ArT wrote:It can be 2 reasons, one from programmer one from board.

1. From programmer - pin contact issue or programmer faulty or USB communication issues. Please make hardware test - does it pass? any difference on 50% sck or with different VPP level? Also USB 2.0 HS cable (double shielded) should be plugged directly to motherboard, without hubs.

2. From board - if it's reading in external circuit it may happen due to many reasons, starting from bus conflict during read and ending on timestamp memory update every read (from master device). Do you read in adapter or in external circuit in this case?

Hello art,
I directly use the flash memory in the Revelprog is adapter, there is no external circuit.
As for the recognition of flash memory, it is correct.
I have connected the programmer's USB directly to the plate, and I think I notice an improvement, I can unlock some 100% clock alarms, but some not, the fact is that when reading even 100%, the comparison of said readings It has code differences.
Could it be that when the temperature that supports the flash memory is overwhelmed? I have thought that it can be a cause, I will try to disapprove of a lower temperature taking care of work.

MazingerZ

Postby MazingerZ » Sat May 14, 2022 11:39 am

Hi Art,
I have carried out a hardware test with the flash memory in the adapter, in this case AT45DB161E, and I obtain the result of the image that I attach
Attachments
prueba hardware.png
prueba hardware.png (110.66 KiB) Viewed 1667 times

MazingerZ

Postby MazingerZ » Sun May 15, 2022 10:05 pm

Hello ArT,
I have made several readings from another flash memory, at 3.3V I am doing it normally, but today it has been complicated and each reading had code differences with the others.
Then I changed the voltage to 2.8V and everything went well.

Thanks!!

ArT

Postby ArT » Mon May 16, 2022 8:59 am

If you made hardware test with disconnected inputs (with connected flash it will gives wrong results) it means that your protection buffers are damaged and programmer needs repair. They can be damaged during programming in external circuit in case of wrong connection. In such case please contact me via PM for procedure,

MazingerZ

Postby MazingerZ » Tue May 17, 2022 7:14 pm

ArT wrote:If you made hardware test with disconnected inputs (with connected flash it will gives wrong results) it means that your protection buffers are damaged and programmer needs repair. They can be damaged during programming in external circuit in case of wrong connection. In such case please contact me via PM for procedure,

Hi Art,
My programmer is not damaged, I did that test with the flash memory connected directly to the adapter of the programmer.
I have to tell you that I can read the data from different flash memories correctly using 2.8V. So far I have fixed the bugs

Thank you very much for all your patience and help. :)

Return to “Technical Support”