Suggestions for next updates for REVELPROG-IS

REVELPROG-IS update notes, news and general discussion about REVELPROG-IS and device/memory programming.
ArT

Suggestions for next updates for REVELPROG-IS

Postby ArT » Tue Jun 09, 2015 2:22 pm

If you have any suggestion for next updates, e.g. add new supported device (with I2C, SPI or uWire interface EEPROM/FLASH/FRAM) or new features and improvenets in software please write it in here or contact us by mail. Thank you.

nunu78

CHanges to program .... Buffer window copy/paste flaw etc...

Postby nunu78 » Thu Dec 03, 2015 1:21 pm

Hello,

Need to make some adjustments to your program

1. When I paste into the buffer it ADDS the lines by shifting everything below - instead it should REPLACE
(if I copied from address 010 down to 040 and scrolled down and selected address 0200 and pasted it should REPLACE data from 0200 down to 0240 and NOT ADD to the buffer and shift the entire dump and size to say 95640

2. Select right click should have a FILL button to replace selected data with desired 00 or ff whatever
I would recommend making under FILL button >3 options -: will with FF, 00 and manual input. alot of ppl like to fill replace with FF or 00 all the time mostly used. and I dont want to type FF or 00 every time so that should be implemented by selection

3. When you select a Device say 95160 it should LOAD the buffer with all FF or open a blank buffer window and the size of the buffer should change with whatever the device you open.

4. Id like to change the COLOR of the hex, let users select the color they want to work with for each section ( data address) (hex view) ( ANSI view)

nunu78

Data Change Calculator

Postby nunu78 » Thu Dec 03, 2015 1:31 pm

Your description says "car electronics & automotive (reprogramming modules, radio-code, immobilizers, gps navigations, mileage correction and other modules with serial EEPROM and/or FLASH memories),"

I would like to see a calculator implemented into this program that will allow users to write their own changes made in the buffer and store as a calculator for future use.

So lets say we read eeprom from 95040
in the buffer the changes I make manually by replacing the characters - I would like that data to change color so I know what I have replaced and where and then Right click and ADD TO CALCULATOR, - next time I read the same eeprom instead of doing the changes manually again I would open my saved calculator and click apply and it would make the changes.

THAT WOULD BE AWESOME

stream line the work flow

see pic
changes.png
changes.png (55.82 KiB) Viewed 12867 times

ArT

Re: CHanges to program .... Buffer window copy/paste flaw etc...

Postby ArT » Fri Dec 04, 2015 11:18 am

Re1: You need to select lines and then click paste to replace selected lines. If you do not select lines that it will paste & shift data.
Re3: You can click CTRL + N (it will fill buffer with 0xFF) or CTRL +R (it will fill buffer with random data)

Thank you for your suggestions.

nunu78

Postby nunu78 » Fri Dec 04, 2015 2:28 pm

1st off , I did that IT STILL shifts data you have a FLAW

2nd what if I was copying large data size, now like an idiot i have to count the number of lines i copied and make that exact selection ????? And what if i make a mistake it would shift and add to the buffer Thats stupid

Regardless of ether you select it or not it should REPLACE and not shift and ADD

simple

see sample

fill show4.png
fill
fill show4.png (42.19 KiB) Viewed 12873 times
Last edited by nunu78 on Fri Dec 04, 2015 2:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nunu78

Postby nunu78 » Fri Dec 04, 2015 2:32 pm

Your missing a point of the FILL

I need to SELECT highlight the data and fill that section with ether FF or 00 or user select like 01 or 3A NOT THE ENTIRE file.

So you should add - when RIGHT Clicked in the buffer under selected area ability to FILL with 3 options FF , 00, USER input

nunu78

Re: Data Change Calculator

Postby nunu78 » Sun Dec 06, 2015 7:05 am

add this ability, ppl will love it

to store and save modified content for future use

ArT

Re: Data Change Calculator

Postby ArT » Sun Dec 06, 2015 7:21 pm

Thank you for your suggestions from this and other topics. We are working on few of these features. I'll let you know and share beta soft for tests when some of these functions will be implemented.

nunu78

Adds to buffer by typing FLAW make it turn on or off

Postby nunu78 » Thu Dec 17, 2015 12:05 am

So i open 93c66

at the bottom 1FF address if i keep typing it will ADD to buffer 200 ...... adding data increases size of file

It should STOP and not allow to keep typing any more. there should be a restriction

So you can make an Option that you can Turn it OFF or ON by defult it should be OFF and if you do want to add data and increase file size you can turn it ON

should be on/off option for this.

nunu78

power overload - ON off please make

Postby nunu78 » Thu Dec 17, 2015 12:10 am

I tried Reading 95320 and it gives me that stupid 100mh protection

Please ADD ABILITY TO IGNORE POWER OVERLOAD - so I can select IGNORE and it will not show again regardless I dont need protection this should be optional for the user.

And NO not by selecting VPP OFF

make option to completely IGNORE with any voltage i select

Some EEPROM will NOT read unless you ignore the power overload, all I do is in circuit programming must make this option/ if needed make changes to your Hardware to support this option this is a MUST

power.png
power.png (52.39 KiB) Viewed 12704 times
Last edited by nunu78 on Sun Dec 20, 2015 12:35 am, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “REVELPROG-IS News, Updates and Other”