Egt system

Here you can ask technical questions about EGT-K thermocouple amplifiers.
Rod

Egt system

Postby Rod » Sat Dec 10, 2022 7:43 am

Hi im about to purchase Utcomp pro kit for a drag race car its a 6cyl supercharged mechanical injected methonal engine, my question is i have 6 of k type pyros in my engine already do i need to purchase one EGT-K 4 and one EGT-K 2 to achive the 6 cylinder egt data i want to log into the Utcomp pro

My vehicle has a haltech driveshaft hallefect sensor mounted near a multi tooth tone wheel and a wheel speed hallefect sensor looking at back of set of 5 wheel studs.

Its has a Tech Edge single channel wideband airfuel meter.

Tps
Intake temp
Water temp
Fuel presure
Oil pressure
Water pressure

Cheers Rod from Australia

ArT

Re: Egt system

Postby ArT » Sat Dec 10, 2022 11:21 am

Hi Rod, EGT-K amplifier is required, because signal from thermoocuple is very low voltage and not linear. Please check this tutorial:
viewtopic.php?f=28&t=71

Additionaly, by default you can measure up to 4x EGT with UTCOMP-PRO, but if you modify 2 inputs from AdcVccX to AdcX then you can measure up to 6x EGT. For modification 2 internal resistors should be removed. We can do such modification before shipping or you can remove marked resistors, R14 is for AdcVcc1 and R21 is for AdcVcc2 input (removing them will change inputs to standard AdcX inputs required for EGT)
Attachments
UTCOMP-PRO_AdcVccX_to_AdcX_mod.jpg
UTCOMP-PRO_AdcVccX_to_AdcX_mod.jpg (362.05 KiB) Viewed 1425 times

Rod

Re: Egt system

Postby Rod » Sat Dec 10, 2022 9:50 pm

Hi ArT thank you, ill add the amplifiers egt-k 4 and egt-k 2 in with my order, ill add a note in shoping cart for you guys to "please remove the two resistors before shipping to run 6 egt". Thanks in advance
Rod

Return to “EGT-K technical support”