UTCOMP suggestions for incoming updates

Update notes, news and general discussion about UTCOMP.
Dadko

Re: UTCOMP suggestions for incoming updates

Postby Dadko » Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:06 pm

Hi,

would be there any possibility to add trip averange fuel consumption which is shown at utcomp turn off on display in right bottom corner?

Thank you

FrankKoba

Postby FrankKoba » Fri Dec 28, 2018 10:42 pm

Hi there,

there are many options to deal with the values at ADC channels, but I am missing the pure voltage display option. As far as I have seen I could assign an ADC channel to the "oscilloscope" view: it is a nice function to get the picture of the voltage form, but even there I cannot see the current values drawn to the chart.

I love the option to select user screens and their contents. Due to the fact the display is small and cannot display all infos one would like to see I wish to have a second list of selectable screens UTCOMP will iterate through automatically - let's say change to next screen every 5 sec. (or with selectable delay in sec.?) to allow to see all the information without manually go through the screens every time.

Last but not least I would like to have an API (or similar) via USB to connect UTCOMP to another computer (carputer with a bigger display, ECU, ...) to read out data for further processing.

best regards
Frank

DArtagnon

Postby DArtagnon » Thu Jan 24, 2019 8:16 pm

Request for the silly Americans. Can you add an option in Preferences to control how the Time/Clock is displayed. Would like to be able to display it in 12-hour format with am/pm instead of the 24-hour format.

Thanks,
Matthew

Kaldek

Postby Kaldek » Thu Mar 07, 2019 4:20 am

Can we have the ability to monitor water/coolant pressure please.

I think the best way to manage that is to allow us to configure what the name of our outputs are and what they are measuring (i.e. temp or psi). I am currently monitoring:

- Water temp via ADC1
- Wideband AFR via ADC2
- Boost pressure/MAP via ADC3
- Oil pressure via ADC4
- Fuel pressure via ADC5
- Oil temperature via ADCVcc2

In my case (as I am out of ADC ports), to monitor water pressure I obviously need to move ADC1 to a two-wire sensor on ADCVcc1, but I also need the option to select the ADC1 input and name the output "Coolant pressure".

In the interim I am just going to run another pressure sensor identical to the oil pressure sensor and use a switch to flick between the signal lines into ADC4. At least that way I can see my water pressure (even if displayed as "oil pressure").

PS - please release a UTCOMP-Ultimate with another 3 or 4 ADC ports. I would also like to be able to monitor my Ethanol content as I run E85 Flex Fuel.

Talon

Re: UTCOMP Android app (developement progress)

Postby Talon » Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:32 pm

it will great if that have possibilities to:
- reset the comp (sometimes my utcomp do stuck - and only what help - is connecting to PC and do "Restart the module")
and mainly to set DATE/TIME from it! (date/time always do reset when disconnect the battery... - what i ofted have to do for different reasons)
Subaru Forester SG9/07MY/petrol/2.5XT/300+HP/EJ255 [UTCOMP-3]

snaxxi

Postby snaxxi » Fri Apr 24, 2020 1:03 pm

For me automatic switching to a certain screen on reaching certain criteria.

Example:
I am in User2 screen which is showing clock, outside temperature (...).
I accelerate and reach a boost pressure of more than 1 bar and utcomp switches to User1 screen where my EGT, boost pressure, oil temp (...) is.
I reached my desired speed and stop accelerating. The boost pressure goes below 1 bar and utcomp switches back to the User2 screen which i had displayed before.

axel

Postby axel » Sun May 24, 2020 10:20 am

Hello
I have a few ideas for future updates:

The possibility to plug a USB flash drive to the utcom pro, so it will transfer all the datalogging data, without the need for computer. could be very usefull in the "field" Could be followed with a message on the screen

A message on the screen when datalogging starts, when you have it set to start datalogging with the engine.

More options for boost pressure senders, like you have EGT 1 - 6 , you could have boost 1-4 (Before IC, after, exhaust pressure, and so on)

Dadko

Postby Dadko » Fri Jun 19, 2020 3:44 pm

Would it be possible to add interval even for date alerts as it is for mileage alerts?

Thank you.

Pistou

Postby Pistou » Tue Dec 15, 2020 9:43 pm

Hi, I don't see any feedback from Arthur but I'd request:

- another digit for turbo boost: 0.00 instead of 0.0 ! :)
- I'm using "user 4" window with only 6 parameters, can we imagine in that case to use one of the button to show the max value of each 6 parameters with other ones recorded => 6 max windows hence
- can we imagine a manual erase of datalog, I make several runs of 30 seconds and it'd be greta to have all of them in the "18" minutes flash capability

Thanks
Last edited by Pistou on Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

ArT

Postby ArT » Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:39 am

I'm reading all suggestions, can't reply to all but I read all, promise, don't worry :D as you can see in update log some of them are already implemented ;) Boost extended resolution (1.23) was implemented in android app at the moment.

Return to “UTCOMP News, Updates and Other”