Fine grained clock frequency setting

Here you can ask technical questions about REVELPROG-IS and device/memory programming.
PIDEU

Fine grained clock frequency setting

Postby PIDEU » Wed Jul 10, 2019 12:36 pm

Hello,

under Options -> Frequency the "Clock frequency" can be configured.

Currently I use "maximum", but unfortunately it is not clear to me which clock frequency will be actually used.

Also the next slower setting is 50%, so no fine-grained tuning of the clock frequency is possible.

So my question is:

Is it possible to manually select a frequency based on MHz somehow, in order to have full control?

Best regards.

ArT

Re: Fine grained clock frequency setting

Postby ArT » Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:12 am

It's not possible, they are only few thresholds and it also depends on selected protocol. 100% is fine for programming desoldered devices (in adapters). 50% / 10% maybe sometimes useful for incircuit programming when 100% does not work.

PIDEU

Postby PIDEU » Thu Jul 11, 2019 3:30 pm

Thank you for your answer.
It's not possible, they are only few thresholds and it also depends on selected protocol. 100% is fine for programming desoldered devices (in adapters).

I want to use the device as a programmer in an automated programming environment.

The device to be programmed will be attached to the pin header connector and programming speed may be affected by the length of the connection between the programmer and the device.

So it would be nice to have a fine-grained control, because 100% -> 50% is a very drastic decrease.

Does the 100% also depend on the chip that is selected?

If so can this (or any other setting) regarding the chip manipulated?

ArT

Postby ArT » Mon Jul 15, 2019 12:52 pm

100% is different for different protocols (SPI, I2C, uWire etc.) but it is constant for all chips in one protocol (e.g. FLASH SPI).
It can not be fine-grainded because it uses fixed values of prescalers in firmware. It also adds some delays in rising edges of signal.

Return to “Technical Support”