- water (engine) temperature
- oil temperature
- oil pressure
- turbo (boost) pressure
- air fuel ratio (AFR1 and AFR2)
- exhaust gas temperature (EGT1 - EGT6)
- vehicle speed in time
- battery voltage (charging)
- current fuel consumption
- engine rpm
Example data-logger settings in UTCOMP application:
Collected data is very useful for later analysis - this leads to interesting conclusions such as:
- what is turbo (boost) pressure during acceleration and deceleration? overboost exists?
- is AFR (air fuel ratio) always in safe range? If not, in what circumstances it is not optimal? What are other parameters in the same time?
- what about EGT (exhaust gas temperature) - is it not to high? If yes, in what circumstances it achieves to high temperature? What influence can have other parameters for it? How they change in the same time?
- what is the highest oil temperature? is it in safe range?
- what is oil pressure? Is it safe for engine when oil temperature is high?
- if the water temperature is optimal? maybe thermostat is not working well?
- when driving is the most economical? at what vehicle speed, engine load and engine rpm fuel consumption is lowest?
and so on... as you can see, the possibilities are endless.
Example raw data imported from UTCOMP-PRO (screenshot from Excel):
And something more interesting - data visualisation on charts (distance ~100km):
Quick interpretation: as you can see, oil temperature is rising quite fast on a constant high speed (cruise control is switched on) - from about 85 celsius degrees to 96C. What is more important - oil pressure is always on high level (over 6 bar). You may notice that engine (water) temperature have quite big oscillations - it is not stable as it should be - it may indicate problems with thermostat or cooler or... this is not bug, it's feature!
Excel with above data:
UTCOMP-PRO sampling frequency from analog sensors is 50Hz (50 times per second) what you can see in real-time on oscilloscope screen. Data stored in data-logger sampled every 1 second are averaged from these 50 samples. Maximum sampling frequency is 10 times per second.
edit (dec 2018):
Now you can import data logs on your Android device!
Please take a look here: